All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Empty
PostSubject: Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business   Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2018, 2:10 pm

Well crap. Guess I am transitioning into adulthood, a while back they ran the pipeline through our county and in doing so they set up a supply hub along one of the major routes on my way to work. That means they had a mountain of these 4x18' mats made out of oak and other hard woods set up for heavy equipment use and whathaveyou till the project was done. Long story short I spent a lot of money on a trailer and now I am hauling these mats for firewood and construction purposes lol.

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business NG2kH4Kl

20k# pain in my gastrointestinal tract

My first load I ate a brake pad because I'm a trailer brake noob and forgot to crank up the controller

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business O8XFsLGl

16k# of firewood in the making

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business AfBX8Jwl

The wood is pretty decent for the most part lots of good 4 faced logs for building and the stuff that is checked bad is great for self splitting firewood lol. I've got two cabins lined up and a butt ton of firewood to cut. Lot of people said it isnt going to work and that I wont make my money back but I get the mats for free, can scrap the steel, and can cut it all for firewood even if I break even it is a win. If I don't then I just have a great way into logging just need a skidder and loader.

Anyway. Bad ideas blah blah can do anything if you blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Veteran Member
TheBeal
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business   Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2018, 4:19 pm

I could use a load of those...not sure what exactly Id build, but I could use em scratch

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business 1098998679
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business   Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2018, 8:16 pm

Timber framing fer daaaayyyyyyssssssss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business   Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business
Page 1 of 1