All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerStarting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Moose
Master
Master
Moose

Forum Rep : 2

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Empty
PostSubject: Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business   Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Well crap. Guess I am transitioning into adulthood, a while back they ran the pipeline through our county and in doing so they set up a supply hub along one of the major routes on my way to work. That means they had a mountain of these 4x18' mats made out of oak and other hard woods set up for heavy equipment use and whathaveyou till the project was done. Long story short I spent a lot of money on a trailer and now I am hauling these mats for firewood and construction purposes lol.

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business NG2kH4Kl

20k# pain in my gastrointestinal tract

My first load I ate a brake pad because I'm a trailer brake noob and forgot to crank up the controller

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business O8XFsLGl

16k# of firewood in the making

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business AfBX8Jwl

The wood is pretty decent for the most part lots of good 4 faced logs for building and the stuff that is checked bad is great for self splitting firewood lol. I've got two cabins lined up and a butt ton of firewood to cut. Lot of people said it isnt going to work and that I wont make my money back but I get the mats for free, can scrap the steel, and can cut it all for firewood even if I break even it is a win. If I don't then I just have a great way into logging just need a skidder and loader.

Anyway. Bad ideas blah blah can do anything if you blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Expert
Expert
TheBeal

Forum Rep : 64

PostSubject: Re: Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business   Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 4:19 pm

I could use a load of those...not sure what exactly Id build, but I could use em scratch

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business 1098998679
Back to top Go down
Moose
Master
Master
Moose

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business   Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 8:16 pm

Timber framing fer daaaayyyyyyssssssss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business   Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting a firewood/timberframing/logging business
Page 1 of 1