All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off starts soon! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!

Share | 

MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Double W Cross Ranch
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:37 pm

That's a good solution to that issue. Good job!
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 94

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:51 pm

That brake handle is sweet! Nice work!

Tourque it 'til it breaks, then back it off a quarter turn!

Stuff I've Welded Together
        - M.T.D. Off-Road Build  

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Lawn Tractor Utility Trailer
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build  
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 pm

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
That's a good solution to that issue. Good job!

Thank you! Hopefully it works like I want. Maybe I need to harden the homemade caliper, because it can bend under load, it's normal steel
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:58 pm

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
That brake handle is sweet! Nice work!

Thanks! Need to test it. Only thing I do'nt like about it, it is hard to use, because i need to grab under my leg to brake, but i knew a saying that means who brakes lost, and so i do'nt use it often Razz Razz Razz Mostly added to have a brake to stop when you need it, and the Rules say it, you need brakes
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Good to see this idea coming together.  Nice work.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:05 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
Good to see this idea coming together.  Nice work.

Thank You! Need to connect the both parts tomorrow. Today I had to fix some of my push mowers to sell them to get some money for more parts for the build Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Deck painting and Brake

Because we have nice and warm weather at the moment, I painted the down side of the mower deck with some 35-40 years old car underbody protection from the GDR. Razz

I ca'nt believe it! Those old stuff is still good! Made back in time, Germany were a bit better than now Wink

Now i reused the old rod that connects the old stock brake, bent and modified it, and now it fits my MST custom brake. All settings are working great, and if you had engaged the brake, the mower wo'nt move.

Not really happy. I needed to cut a slot in the Frame, and behind the brake, the mower deck lifting thing connects Mad  so it is'nt now as sturdy as before. Maybe need to reinforce it a bit.
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:58 pm

The brake linkage is looking good. I wouldn't worry too much about cutting a slot in the frame, but if you want to, some simple frame reinforcing should take care of any problems.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:50 am

It looks like a really small slot that you had to cut for that linkage. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:48 am

Wow, that paint is ancient!
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:56 am

@MatthewD wrote:
The brake linkage is looking good. I wouldn't worry too much about cutting a slot in the frame, but if you want to, some simple frame reinforcing should take care of any problems.

Wish i can reinforce the frame, but everything is soo much stuffed together there, you ca'nt really reinforce it.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:57 am

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
Wow, that paint is ancient!

... but still good! the underbody protection is now dry and fully hardened.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:59 am

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
It looks like a really small slot that you had to cut for that linkage.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thanks. We'll see if there are any Problems coming from this slot like cracks, but i can weld around it to make it a bit sturdier.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 45

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:40 pm

Brake linkage looks good. What exactly do you have to slot the frame for?
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:40 am

@RichieRichOverdrive wrote:
Brake linkage looks good. What exactly do you have to slot the frame for?

for the brake lever. The Brake caliper lever sits deeper than the footboards, and i needed to extend the lever to egage and disengage the brakes
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:51 am

Update of the last days work

My Onedrive disk space were used up, and i ca'nt upload before deleting and waiting, and the last days were really busy, i needed to work on 3 or more Projects at the same time,.....

Because we have nice warm weather, I can paint. set up the Air compressor with the spray gun, and the degreased, primed deck

With a flow cup i set the paint to the right spraying viscosity

first coat applied

day later the 2nd coat, and also painted the outside of the Rims

and after done work we made a fire, and grilled some bratwurst on the glow with a homemade bratwurst pike

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:30 am

Those are really good looking coats of paint. Are those homemade saw horses? Who made them?
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 45

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:52 am

Paint is looking good, but i think you should've beefed up that deck before you did it. They have a tendency to break at the rear mounts, and at the one idler pulley, as well as a few other places. But maybe your lawn is less rough and the deck will handle it better than ours did lol.
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:46 am

Ooo shiny deck - reminds me that I need to strip down the deck on my grass cutter to patch up the holes and paint it. I also have to fix up my big air compressor so that I can try out my spray gun. Just curious, what size is that air compressor and after spraying for a while do you have to stop and wait for the compressor to build up air in the tank?
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 125

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:52 am

Nice looking deck!  I'll take 2 brats please.

1982 Murray GT. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-39002 . . . [2018 Entry]
Progress:   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           0              |              50             |             100

Sasquatch II . [2017 Finalist]
Li'l Red Murray

Arrow How To Upload Pictures
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
CraftsmanQuad19
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Mmmm brats...

Mower looks fantastic too, you have a lot more patience than I do
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:55 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
Those are really good looking coats of paint.   Are those homemade saw horses? Who made them?

Thanks. For my 2nd Paint Job with the Spray Gun it's well enough, and I has started with the Deck to practice and get the best paint Job on the Body of the Mower. The Sawhorses I'm not sure, but I think, my Grandpa (87 Years old, were Carpenter) had made them 30-40 Years ago.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:59 pm

@RichieRichOverdrive wrote:
Paint is looking good, but i think you should've beefed up that deck before you did it. They have a tendency to break at the rear mounts, and at the one idler pulley, as well as a few other places. But maybe your lawn is less rough and the deck will handle it better than ours did lol.

Thanks for your compliments and hints. This Deck has now 24 Years of use behind it, and no cracks or something, and i do'nt want to mow with it tall grass. A Shame to destruct this rebuilt Thing with mowing tall grass!
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:03 pm

@MatthewD wrote:
Ooo shiny deck - reminds me that I need to strip down the deck on my grass cutter to patch up the holes and paint it. I also have to fix up my big air compressor so that I can try out my spray gun. Just curious, what size is that air compressor and after spraying for a while do you have to stop and wait for the compressor to build up air in the tank?

This is a smaller Compressor, 24 Litres of Volume, 8 Bar, and something around 170 litres per minute of suction. I need to stop, because I need to spray a other Spot, but if I spray nonstop, maybe the pressure is too low. You definately need to fix your grass cutter! A broken mower makes no fun to use!!
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:04 pm

@MightyRaze wrote:
Nice looking deck!  I'll take 2 brats please.

I will mail you some ready grilled ones lol! lol! Laughing Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:07 pm

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Mmmm brats...

Mower looks fantastic too, you have a lot more patience than I do

In G Mowers are really expensive, even the Parts, so I work thoughtful and good, to have fun with it the next 20 Years, to have free Time for a new Mower Project
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   

Back to top Go down

MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next