All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:37 am

@prancstaman wrote:
Maybe bring the shifter rod straight up and through the fender and make the linkage on the outside of the fender cover. Pretty cramp in there now. Probably going to have to notch the belt tensioner arm too because it looks like it might hit the shifter rod for the transaxle when shifting gears.

Yeah, all true words. Got the shifter done yesterday, but the last days i ca'nt upload any pictures, because my fu**ing Onedrive now uploads the pictures, but if you want to copy them for the post, they say error Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I will try to upload the updates
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:54 am

Wiring work

The new ignition lock and the socket were'nt on there stock, so i need to fit them

Cutout for the ignition switch

Cutout for the Socket

The old wiring Harness wo'nt fit anymore, and i wanted to remove the safety kill switches, so i cut the stock harness, and modded it, to fit the new applicatiions. To protect the wires, i put them in some garden hose.

I started to install the new harness

I modded the stock 5 terminal ignition lock plug to fit the new one

Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:04 am

some more work on the mower

I made a ventilation plug for my MST out of brass on my metal lathe

To the sideways hole the ventilation tube will attach

Here is where it will work

Now i welded up my pulley. I used the inner part from the stock MST pulley, and a old metal idler pulley, removed the old bearings

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 66

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:40 am

that’s a really need ventilation plug. how was it held in the transaxle ? The cut outs look really nice and the garden hose is a pretty good idea. I just don’t think it’s rated for a very high temperature so I’m not sure how it will hold up next to the engine block.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:55 am

the garden hose is a good idea bit in the low areas it will hold water, make some drain holes in it so if you do get water in it, it will drain
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 175

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:06 am

I also like the water hose idea. It would be pretty rugged and protect the wires.

(Kal-El) 1982 Murray GT. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-39002 . . . [2018 Entry]
Progress:  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           0              |              50             |             100

Murray CCT (KAL prebuild)
Sasquatch II . [2017 Finalist]
Li'l Red Murray

Arrow How To Upload Pictures
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 17

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:49 am

The hose sounds like a great idea!
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:05 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
that’s a really need ventilation plug.   how was it held in the transaxle ?   The cut outs look really nice and the garden hose is a pretty good idea.   I just don’t think it’s rated for a very high temperature so I’m not sure how it will hold up next to the engine block.

The plug only is press fitted in there with a bit of engine gasket maker. Thanks. i will see if it held up, but it held up siting outside in the sun, there it is getting warm, and there i think it wo'nt be hot.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:05 pm

Buck Mault wrote:
the garden hose is a good idea bit in the low areas it will hold water, make some drain holes in it so if you do get water in it, it will drain

nice idea, I will do that tomorrow
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:36 pm

Everything is connected + a few Mockup Ideas

I need a front bumper....
What's about those massive steel pipe?

I like the Idea, but think, those pipe is too massive and too big.

What's about the Muffler? I like the spot, and want to use those old GDR fire extinguisher.

And here are a few pictures about the wiring (until now i have no cable shoes, so i only wrapped the wires around the terminals)

How do you like the arrangement of the switches, levers, ....?
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:40 pm

Looking awesome! Test drive coming soon?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Switches and levers are in great locations.

I don't think that steel pipe is too big for a front bumper.  I think it's a great size.  I would shorten it some.

I hope underneath those taped wires there's soldered connections and not just two wires twisted together.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:28 am

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:

Yeah, i'm waiting for the idler pulley, and my dad to find time to check my wiring (I'm not the best guy in electiciial stuff) because i do'nt want to blew up something with something connectd wrong, Then the 1st test drive shuold be possible.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:33 am

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
Switches and levers are in great locations.

I don't think that steel pipe is too big for a front bumper.  I think it's a great size.  I would shorten it some.

I hope underneath those taped wires there's soldered connections and not just two wires twisted together.

Yeah, the steel pipe needed to shorten, that's how i found i in the metal pilein the garage.

under the tape were soldered.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:07 am

@SebastianAlbrecht wrote:

Yeah, i'm waiting for the idler pulley, and my dad to find time to check my wiring (I'm not the best guy in electiciial stuff) because i do'nt want to blew up something with something connectd wrong, Then the 1st test drive shuold be possible.
Haha, yeah I'm really bad at wiring too!
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 175

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:19 am

Good dash layout.  I'm liking it!

(Kal-El) 1982 Murray GT. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-39002 . . . [2018 Entry]
Progress:  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           0              |              50             |             100

Murray CCT (KAL prebuild)
Sasquatch II . [2017 Finalist]
Li'l Red Murray

Arrow How To Upload Pictures
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 34

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Looking good. I don't think that pipe is too big, it should be fine if you cut it down some. Have you made any progress on the muffler made out of the fire extinguisher? I'd like to see that. The dash looks really well laid out and should be easy to use.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:58 pm

I think on one of Chud327's recent videos, he stuck a fire extinguisher over the exhaust pipe on his mower and it sounded like a diesel. I think that would be neat.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 01, 2018 5:32 am

@MatthewD wrote:
Looking good. I don't think that pipe is too big, it should be fine if you cut it down some. Have you made any progress on the muffler made out of the fire extinguisher? I'd like to see that. The dash looks really well laid out and should be easy to use.

Muffler is finished, but not painted yet. Need to upload the pictures.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 01, 2018 5:50 am

Shifter done

If you remember, i made earlier a shifter, but that worked very bad. The shifter would hit the belt, and to shift was vey hard.

The Stock MST shifting lever thing would hit the belt, so i made this straight one

To get some threads on my shifter i machined down a bolt and welded it on.

the Shifter has a pivot point, to shift the gears in the right order. (reverse backwards, forward gears forward)

And here you can see how the shifter is connected to the transaxle.

Next thing were to make the cutout in the fender for the shifter

as you can see it works very well, and i can shift the gears easily and in the right order.

i wrote the gear pattern on the fender to knew which gear i'm using right now

I hope you like my shifter, i think that is a good setup, because you do'nt have much room there, and on the right side i have the mower deck lifting lever, so i needed to use the left side.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 01, 2018 7:14 am

wow this is looks really great! I know you’ve been thinking about this problem for a while and the solution you come up for it is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 01, 2018 8:06 am

Ooh that's awesome!
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 am

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
wow this is looks really great! I know you’ve been thinking about this problem for a while and the solution you come up for it is awesome.

I had'nt thought, you guys like my shifter soo much. I also like it. I developed it at school in the german lesson Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 01, 2018 9:46 am

I developed it at school in the german lesson Razz Razz Razz
LOL I do that too, the solution to a tractor issue just comes to me in the middle of a lesson. lol!
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 01, 2018 11:30 am

I developed it at school in the german lesson Razz Razz Razz
LOL I do that too, the solution to a tractor issue just comes to me in the middle of a lesson. lol!

Tractors are more important than School Razz Razz lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 116

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 01, 2018 12:53 pm

Nice shifter setup! Should work well.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   

Back to top Go down

MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next