All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off starts soon! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!

Share | 

MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Trial Administrator
Trial Administrator

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon May 14, 2018 7:20 pm

Possibly running a 1/2 inch belt where a 5/8 belt should be used?
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 28

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon May 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Yeah I'm thinking that the belt could be too thin. And I also love that service pit, it must make working on the belts/pulleys and underside of your tractor much easier.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 15, 2018 1:54 am

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
That's good progress.  Sounds like time will tell how it holds up.

Sweet oil change pit by the way.  I'm jealous.

This Pit my Grandpa built in the Garage 40-45 Years ago, once they built the Hause and the Garage. We do'nt use them often, but now once i work on my mower, i can easily work under it, without flipping it.

@MightyRaze wrote:
Possibly running a 1/2 inch belt where a 5/8 belt should be used?

IDK, Those Belts were stock on, and they sell the same size ones as the specific belts for this model.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 15, 2018 1:57 am

@MatthewD wrote:
Yeah I'm thinking that the belt could be too thin. And I also love that service pit, it must make working on the belts/pulleys and underside of your tractor much easier.

I also love the Pit. Maybe the belt is a bit worn. And on the Picture i drawed, i drawed it extreme, to see the problems. In real were there not so much of gap.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 am

That pit is awesome, is that like a tornado shelter or something? My grandparents in OKC have something like that.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue May 15, 2018 4:29 pm

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
That pit is awesome, is that like a tornado shelter or something? My grandparents in OKC have something like that.

No. THey made this Pit for working under your car. But i use it for my mower.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed May 16, 2018 6:51 am

Hey Guys! Here is the Video, once i got my parts to start with!
Sorry it's in german No

Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri May 18, 2018 5:00 am

Mower Deck

Well, my 1st time using the Spray Gun attempts are'nt the prettiest, but it's only the mower deck, so nobody cares.

I decided against a 3rd coar of Paint. I brush painted the last parts, and put the non-assembled deck under the mower, to take a look, if i will get some Problems with the bigger rear tires or my MST

" />

The Discharge chute deflector is missing. But i found the one from my dads Murray, and he never used it, so he said, i can use it for my applications

But the Murray Deck Discharge chute is different, so i need to modify the deflector.

Very close to the rear tire, but the only Way how it will fit. (only mockup.)

Need to put it together, and install it in the next days, because i want to mow!
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri May 18, 2018 5:28 am

It's certainly unique to be mowing with your ATLT, but I think it's kinda cool. Makes it an all-purpose machine. Have you thought about making the deck to release quickly if you want to remove it for mudding/off-roading.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri May 18, 2018 5:36 am

@MatthewD wrote:
It's certainly unique to be mowing with your ATLT, but I think it's kinda cool. Makes it an all-purpose machine. Have you thought about making the deck to release quickly if you want to remove it for mudding/off-roading.

The Deck you can remove in 10-15 mins, and put it back on in the same time, so i think it is good enough to me.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Yesterday at 1:16 am

More work on the deck

I reassembled the Mower Deck completely with all the spindles, and the stuff.

looks now like it came fresh from the factory Very Happy Razz

And then i put it on the Mower, and did a first small test mow, and mowed some trails through the garden.

The Murray discharge chute fits good

Now i still have the Problem, the FNR rear axle were'nt as wide as the MST, so the rear tires are coming too far out, so the chute for the bagger wo'nt fit.
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Yesterday at 6:37 am

Ooo shiny mower deck! I like it
Have you thought about making a brace for that exhaust, it could be putting stress on the engine block.

If your MST is like mine, there will be spacers between the casing of the trans and the rim. You could put those on the outside of the rim, between the rim and e-clip. That would move the wheels further in towards the casing and perhaps allow you to fit the bagger. You could also modify the bagger chute, but it would probably be easier to move the wheels inward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   

Back to top Go down

MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Build-Off Competition :: Build-Off Competition Threads-
Jump to: