All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is Almost Over!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:13 am

Gonna clear coat it when you're done too? Give the paint a good tough shell?
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 20

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:19 am

@RichieRichOverdrive wrote:
Gonna clear coat it when you're done too? Give the paint a good tough shell?

Not sure. Could do it. I have some varnish but right now I'm not sure if I should go with Varnish or not. Maybe would look cool!
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:28 pm

2nd coat..
the welded spots are still a bit darker..
need to go a 3rd coat

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 82

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:37 pm

looking forward to assembly and wax.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Forum Rep : 54

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:31 am

Ooh, I've never thought of waxing a mower. That could be a good way to really brighten up paint.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:14 am

LOL, but I do'nt will wax it. for waxing, the paint Job is too crappy. On pics it looks like from tha factory, but in reality it looks like a baby played with ratle cans
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 201

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:37 am

I waxed Red and Sasquatch after paint cured. I not sure about doing it to Kal yet.

Forum Administrator ~ Chat Moderator ~ Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com Online
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:36 am

Here is the Update o the last few Days painting
Pretty boring, every day another coat
on most parts are 2-3 coats.

The Inside of the grill I painted black, to have the Engine Bay another colour than the body

That's the last parts, then I should be ready with this boring, and annoying job. Only good thing on painting is, after you're done with it, it looks good, or if you are'nt talented in painting (like I) it will look really crappy if you go closer to it
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:12 am

I reassembled MTD as far as the parts were finished

It looks like factory now!
LOVE IT!!!
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:17 am

Looks nice!

ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:06 pm

Wow, the MTD looks really good! Paint is really shiny. Can't wait to see it with the hood on Smile
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:04 pm

You went all out on that thing.  I think it is one of the cleanest, coolest, and best executed tractors in the forum!  Nice job!
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:44 pm

This paintjob really does look like showroom quality.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:56 pm

Lovin the black and red.

ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:53 am

@MightyRaze wrote:
Looks nice!

Thanks

@MatthewD wrote:
Wow, the MTD looks really good! Paint is really shiny. Can't wait to see it with the hood on Smile

Yeah, without the hood it looks naked. Drove it ,,Naked" a bit, it makes so much fun!

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
You went all out on that thing.  I think it is one of the cleanest, coolest, and best executed tractors in the forum!  Nice job!

once you do a walkaround, and really look on the paint, you will jump outta the window, but for me, (1st time painting a bigger Object) it's good enough.

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
This paintjob really does look like showroom quality.

Thanks, but only on the Pics. In reality not.

@MightyRaze wrote:
Lovin the black and red.

I too. IDK if I will go the same combination again for another Mower.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:32 am

I applied the last coat on the hood, and i'm happy except for a few small runs.
And I pulled the tape from the decals, and it looks great!

and I sprayed the LAST PART Very Happy Very Happy the front grill area.

I ca'nt wait to pick up the wrenches, and mount the hood on the MTD and put the deck back on, and moiw with it with new fresh paint! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:36 am

I reassembled MTD so it looks like a mower again!

I clamped a old shirt down as footboard protection, cuz I do'nt have the footboard rubber right now. But I really wanted to test drive it without messing up the paint job.  Wink

I put the deck back on, and stored it on wheels in my garage

and I wired up the stock lighting for now. Maybe I will make a LED mod, but then I need to put a small battery between the LED lamps and the headlight coil, cuz otherwise the LEDs would flicker, and if I run the LEDs straight from the battery, the battery discharges faster than it charges. the LEDs I want to use are 2 of those 18W 6 LED lights, or 4 of the 1 LED 10W LEDs. IDK what would look better. 2 round lamps near into the stock case, or a brick style light, that's bit smaller then the stock cutout.

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:28 am

Looks brand new!

ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:17 pm

@MightyRaze wrote:
Looks brand new!

THANKS! Needs a bit more stuff like Decals, and it should be done, if I do'nt get some more Ideas to add
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Great looking paint!

So how many amps is your charging circuit good for?  I'd think you'd be able to run about 20 watts worth of lighting directly off of the battery without draining it.  Or you could put in a regulator or rectifier on your existing lighting circuit that you have to change the AC to DC and run the LED lights with that.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:17 am

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
Great looking paint!

So how many amps is your charging circuit good for?  I'd think you'd be able to run about 20 watts worth of lighting directly off of the battery without draining it.  Or you could put in a regulator or rectifier on your existing lighting circuit that you have to change the AC to DC and run the LED lights with that.

Thanks.

IDK, but the battery has not much power, it has only 12 amphours and it discharges fast from electric starting, so I really want to use the light coil for the LED lights. Stock I found 2 12V 21W light bulbs inside the stock lights, but every LED flashlight makes it brighter, than they on full throttle. I'm bad at electricial stuff, so I really need some help what do I need to do for running the LEDs off the light coil without flickering on idle, or destroying the coil inside my engine or the LEDs
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:48 pm

you need a diode, regulator, or rectifier
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:37 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
you need a diode, regulator, or rectifier

Ok. Thanks. I will look for one.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:59 pm

To run the LED lights without flickering, only way is to run off of a capacitor in the light circuit. Will need a capacitor about the size of a beer can, sorry LOL, I mean a pop can. A capacitor will smoothen out the power pulses from the stator on the lighting circuit going into the LED lights. So the order of parts would be= stator wire, through the diode, to the + side of the capacitor(must be hooked up after the diode, DC current only), from the + side of the capacitor to the LED power wire. Then the - side of the capacitor to the chassis for grounding out the capacitor. This will still keep the light circuit separate from the charging circuit, and will still make the lights go dim when idling the motor but the lights will not be flickering. To limit the brightness at full throttle you will need an adjustable voltage regulator rated at the proper amperage, if over voltage is an issue.

A cheap alternative on getting a big enough capacitor would be on industrial lighting. An automotive capacitor for stereo probably would be expensive. Maybe look in electronic circuit boards because a capacitor is a capacitor no matter what it's used for, and can be identified by it being round usually. If one capacitor is in the circuit and the lights still flicker, then add another capacitor by connecting the + sides in a parallel circuit and ofcourse grounding out the additional capacitors to the chassis . No such thing as to many capacitors in a circuit.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:16 am

@prancstaman wrote:
To run the LED lights without flickering, only way is to run off of a capacitor in the light circuit. Will need a capacitor about the size of a beer can, sorry LOL, I mean a pop can. A capacitor will smoothen out the power pulses from the stator on the lighting circuit going into the LED lights. So the order of parts would be= stator wire, through the diode, to the + side of the capacitor(must be hooked up after the diode, DC current only), from the + side of the capacitor to the LED power wire. Then the - side of the capacitor to the chassis for grounding out the capacitor. This will still keep the light circuit separate from the charging circuit, and will still make the lights go dim when idling the motor but the lights will not be flickering. To limit the brightness at full throttle you will need an adjustable voltage regulator rated at the proper amperage, if over voltage is an issue.

A cheap alternative on getting a big enough capacitor would be on industrial lighting. An automotive capacitor for stereo probably would be expensive. Maybe look in electronic circuit boards because a capacitor is a capacitor no matter what it's used for, and can be identified by it being round usually. If one capacitor is in the circuit and the lights still flicker, then add another capacitor by connecting the + sides in a parallel circuit and ofcourse grounding out the additional capacitors to the chassis . No such thing as to many capacitors in a circuit.

THANKS!!!

The LEDs are multi voltage, from 10V DC up to 30V DC. I will watch out for that stuff, cuz I really want some bright lighting, not only as bright as a candle.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Forum Rep : 54

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:08 am

You should be able to run the LEDs off the battery, they don't draw much. Even a stock charging system could keep up with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}   

Back to top Go down

---Complete--- MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry}
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next