All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 
 

 MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master


Join date : 2017-06-09
Posts : 1877

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:00 pm

Dude, it's awesome! Probably the only mower in Germany with a USB charger!!! You went all out on this rig, it must be like a Cadillac to drive compared to my stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2014-11-16
Posts : 1912
Forum Rep : 35
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:27 pm

Well you could sell it for a lot of money in G, which is good motivation. And it's a cool build!
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2018-02-27
Posts : 557
Forum Rep : 15
Location : Saxony, Germany

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:49 pm

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
Dude, it's awesome!  Probably the only mower in Germany with a USB charger!!!  You went all out on this rig, it must be like a Cadillac to drive compared to my stuff.

LOL. I will buy the rear belt, and hope it works then without slippage.

@MatthewD wrote:
Well you could sell it for a lot of money in G, which is good motivation. And it's a cool build!

Thanks.


Probably I make a Transaxle swap!
I will pull the MST 206 outta it, and build a Peerless 930 modded to Oil Operation, Axle bearings. I don't need that good seals into a mower that will never see Mudholes. And if I need to sell it, I can keep my fully rebuilt MST!
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2018-02-27
Posts : 557
Forum Rep : 15
Location : Saxony, Germany

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:27 am

Finally I got some very big motivation, to finish MTD!

In my area every year in early autumn,  they make an oldtimer festival, there everyone that has an old car, moped, motorcycle, tractor, or something cool homemade built, can join. And they do on sunday a Oldtimer ride, everyone can drive with the gang, and my plan was to join that Event too! MTD is the only mower that runs and is kinda bit fast, so I need to finish it!
on Friday I realized, it's from NEXT FRIDAY tilNEXT SUNDAY!
DAMN! I have to get busy!
SO I ordered a new belt (this time it's 1" shorter, and the riquired width (the old belt was sold as a 5/8" belt, (16,7mm) and it was just 16mm wide.) I also ordered the rubber matting for the floorboards. Cuz if I show my mower to thousands of people, I want to get rid of that old shirt as floorboard paint protection.

Hopefully the belt fits without any problems (otherwise I have to crack the 930 I had into the Gutbrod for 1 month open, pull the short shifter arm outta it, swap the long shifter arm from my problem 930 in, swap the short shifter into the bad 930, grind the part that rubs on the bull gear away, insert axle bearings, fill it with oil, and make a new shifter)! I Really don't want to do that, cuz I have to get up 5AM every day, i'm home 5PM, and have to train for driving license, do homework,... NOT MUCH FREETIME LEFT!

Just a pic of MTD how it sits right now:

Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2016-04-12
Posts : 1525
Forum Rep : 50
Location : Indiana

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:09 am

I didn’t realize you could drink before you even get to drive over there haha

Glad you found the motivation to get this thing done
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 29
Join date : 2017-10-30
Posts : 1699
Forum Rep : 66
Location : Rochester, New York

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Sounds like a really fun event to take a tractor to. Hopefully the belt makes it.
Back to top Go down
Online
prancstaman
Master
Master
avatar

Join date : 2015-02-02
Posts : 892
Forum Rep : 37
Location : Cleveland,Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Good to see you found the motivation to keep going with this project. I love mine that I built. Me having a bad back, while driving it and needing to shift gears with the vari drive instead of the gear box is a god sin, so smooth while speeding up and slowing down. Absolutely no jerking. So much torque with it that I been pulling my cars around the yard. Mine is turning out to be a real work horse. Your setup though is way stronger then mine since you got a way better transaxle(mst I think). I put the weakest transaxle in mine(foote 5 speed) because I was originally planning to just cut the grass but I been doing more and more with it because it is so strong.

I think you are adjusting the belts wrong since you are having so much belt slippage. The only time I actually had belt slippage was when I was pulling my car up the incline in my driveway in 3rd gear on the belts and 1st in the transaxle. And then when I put it in low/low I just sat there spinning the tires while sitting on it. It's a complicated belt setup, keep working at it and you will get it. I think I cover the belt adjustments in my build thread for a reference.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2018-02-27
Posts : 557
Forum Rep : 15
Location : Saxony, Germany

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:14 pm

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
I didn’t realize you could drink before you even get to drive over there haha

Glad you found the motivation to get this thing done

The ONLY GOOD THING here is that drinking age, LOL

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
Sounds like a really fun event to take a tractor to.  Hopefully the belt makes it.

I hope so! IDK If I should build the smoke exhaust Injection to piss off Environmentalists and get seen with the small MTD between all the very big agricultural Tractors.

@prancstaman wrote:
Good to see you found the motivation to keep going with this project. I love mine that I built. Me having a bad back, while driving it and needing to shift gears with the vari drive instead of the gear box is a god sin, so smooth while speeding up and slowing down. Absolutely no jerking. So much torque with it that I been pulling my cars around the yard. Mine is turning out to be a real work horse. Your setup though is way stronger then mine since you got a way better transaxle(mst I think). I put the weakest transaxle in mine(foote 5 speed) because I was originally planning to just cut the grass but I been doing more and more with it because it is so strong.

I think you are adjusting the belts wrong since you are having so much belt slippage. The only time I actually had belt slippage was when I was pulling my car up the incline in my driveway in 3rd gear on the belts and 1st in the transaxle. And then when I put it in low/low I just sat there spinning the tires while sitting on it. It's a complicated belt setup, keep working at it and you will get it. I think I cover the belt adjustments in my build thread for a reference.

Yep, I liked that smooth speding up and slowing down too! Yes, MST. I run the stock belt on the front, and a shorter one in the rear with the stock tensioner. Just have a  very short tensioner travel in rear cuz the deck lifting mechanism is on the 1 side, the MST shifter arm on the other side. But my MTD was able to pull the POS mower of my old bud, a trailer with heavy stuff in it, my old bud riding the POS mower 20th gear straight road, 15th uphill. I was very impressed.



Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2018-02-27
Posts : 557
Forum Rep : 15
Location : Saxony, Germany

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:27 pm

I FINALLY GOT THE BELT!!



I pulled the old new belt, and swapped this one in, let it break in for 5-10 mins at idle varidrive setting 3.

Then did a Test Drive!

With this belt, MTD handles way better than ever before! I love MTD!! SO it should withstand the torture on weekend, driving around 15 miles!

Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2014-11-16
Posts : 1912
Forum Rep : 35
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:18 pm

Great that you got it driving again! Hopefully you have no more belt or pulley issues. Would love to see some pics of the old timer festival, and of the MTD at it.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2018-02-27
Posts : 557
Forum Rep : 15
Location : Saxony, Germany

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:06 pm

@MatthewD wrote:
Great that you got it driving again! Hopefully you have no more belt or pulley issues. Would love to see some pics of the old timer festival, and of the MTD at it.

I hope the same!

I will take pics, and maybe record a video of it
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 14
Join date : 2017-06-09
Posts : 1877
Forum Rep : 17
Location : Central Texas

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:15 pm

Nice job Sebastian! Glad to see the old girl running again!
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2018-02-27
Posts : 557
Forum Rep : 15
Location : Saxony, Germany

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Yesterday at 1:20 pm

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
Nice job Sebastian!  Glad to see the old girl running again!

Thanks!

Probably upload the Pics from the Weekend later
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2014-11-16
Posts : 1912
Forum Rep : 35
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Yesterday at 2:58 pm

Nice, can't wait to see the pics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   

Back to top Go down
 
MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]
Back to top 
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
 Similar topics
-
» MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]
» Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]
» outlaw lawn crafts dirty dynamark mud mower! [2016 Build-Off Entry]
» Redzz02 "Sears Killer" Wheel Horse Mud Mower [2017 Build-Off Entry] [Finalist]
» tater's Ford XXLT18 [2018 Build-Off Entry]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Build-Off Competition :: Build-Off Competition Threads-
Jump to: