All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Thanks for the Belt Help. Those Belts i had removed, to remove the Varidrive looks like a standard Lawn Tractor Belt with a V shape to have friction on the sides of the pulley.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Shopping some Tools and Paint for the MTD Mower

Today I were into the hardware store to buy some new Paint for the Frame and the Mower Deck and the body of the Mower. Also bought a wire Wheel for my angle Grinder, a few new cutting wheels, some Grease for the needle Bearings and the other parts thet needed to lubed up. Paints are Alkyd Paints in satin black and gloss red and some primer and lacquer thinner.

But at this Weekend we got some Snow and it's cold, so i ca'nt paint, and my seals aren't arrived my house today Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 55

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:37 pm

wow those German brands look very different. Doesn’t your grease come in, tubes to go in a grease gun?
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:00 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
wow those German brands look very different.   Doesn’t your grease come in, tubes to go in a grease gun?

I had no grease gun, and i do'nt need it so often, so i decided to buy the cheaper can with the grease, my Tractor Build is really expensive, and i still go to school, so i spend all my savings to build this nice machine. Will do it right, so it lasts the next 20-25 Years to have a lot of fun with this lawn Tractor.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:36 am

This here is the first Video about my Mower Project. I had filmed it before i decided to put this Project into ATLTF. It's in German, so you do'nt understand everything  Razz  

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:11 am

What do we have here? Another mower modding guy that's into metal music? YES!!!

I didn't understand a word in that video but I really liked the music.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 163

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Love it, MTD Ohio, Made in Canada, filmed and used in Germany! A true international machine!

1982 Murray GT. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-39002 . . . [2018 Entry]
Progress:  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           0              |              50             |             100

Murray CCT (KAL prebuild)
Sasquatch II . [2017 Finalist]
Li'l Red Murray

Arrow How To Upload Pictures
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 53

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:59 pm

Riamstein is my favorite foreign heavy metal band, some of the lyrics are more understandable than songs in english.
Good video! Couldn't understand much but that issue lol. I knew what the general topic and what you were discussing as I have had over 8 mtd mowers.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 pm

@MightyRaze wrote:
Love it, MTD Ohio, Made in Canada, filmed and used in Germany! A true international machine!

Yes, it is a international machine and built better than the new MTDs.

@Crazy_Carl : maybe should make english subtitles Wink

@biggasmowers : Nice, you're a MTD-Fan, but they also have their weak points Cool

Thanks for the Likes and positive comments of my Build and the Video
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 53

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:08 pm

I'm not really a fan of mtds, but I can get them easily .
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:02 pm

@biggasmowers wrote:
I'm not really a fan of mtds, but I can get them easily .

In Germany MTD Tractors also widespread. But they're really expensive.
Back to top Go down
muckmudd
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 21

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:06 pm

Do you use an air compressor spray gun?
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 pm

@muckmudd wrote:
Do you use an air compressor spray gun?

Yes, I would use my Air Compressor Spray Gun. Had not really Experience with it, but will try it on the Primer first, and then the Mower Deck and the Frame and at least when I had the most Experience, i will paint the Body of the Mower.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Because I'm still waiting for my Seals, I ca'nt do anything like planning the Shifter mechanism or the Brake Mechanism  Sad  Sad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Sad  Sad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Sad  Sad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

But I also have an positive Message for you!
Got a really big Package today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Let's open it up!

Ohhh, what we got?
An Grass Bagger Attachment that fits exactly to my Mower. Bought it used. It's over 20 Years old, but still in really good condition!

I had thought a lot about my Brake, because i want to have an Parking Brake. My Idea is to use one of those cutting height levers, that were bolted on the Foot board. Because you have those cutting height steps that were changed by pushing the push button on top and then select, you can select 5 or 6 brake steps or use it to brake. Only need to buy one of those.

I knew, most of you do'nt like mowing lawn and like more romping around, but that's at the moment the only Update i can post.

Last edited by SebastianAlbrecht on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had inserted an image twice)
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:01 pm

After waiting a long Time, now the next small but really Important Package arrived me from the USA  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

the Seals for my Peerless MST 206. the 2 Axle shaft seals, and the brake shaft seal.

in the next free minutes, i will rebuilt and reassemble the MST.

stay tuned for some updates.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:48 pm

Sweet  My MST needs a couple new seals.  One of mine is tore but it is holding!

Li'l Red Murray

Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:22 pm

That's the Video about the FNR Transaxle rebuild. Have no plans for it at the Moment, but i knew i find use for it later  Cool

Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Peerless MST 206 Transaxle rebuild and trying to fit it to the frame

Finally got time to rebuild my MST. Everything is cleaned with heating oil and a brush. The gasket surfaces with some lacquer thinner.

new needle bearings installed and greased

the new axle bearings and seals for the axles and the brake

let's add some gasket maker and close it

will the MST 206 fit into the MTD pan frame that's not designed for an Peerless?

everything is really close and i needed to cut some brakets smaller

the Varidrive is back installed

the bracket for the rear belt tentioner is in the way of the brake lever, so i need to make a homemade brake lever

the first Mockup
had put the stock front wheels on, and some 18x9,5x8 on the rear i had put on wrong to bring the tires more under the fender

everything in the rear is really close, and i need to put in a brake mechanism, a shifter, and a rear pulley and shorter belt

like the way the rear looks... and i can also put the wheels back on the right way to get more clearance between the frame and the tire

put the motor on (not secured with bolts, only mockup)

Tomorrow the gasket should be ready to put the Oil in, need to make the transaxle ventilation, and the shifter and the brake assembly. Way too much to get it done tomorrow, but that's the Plan for the next Days.

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:01 pm

That looks really complicated under there.  It looks like your shifter is interfering with your clutch pulley.  This is why a lot of guys ditch the vari-drive right out of the gate.

Is there already a hole for the transaxle vent in the case?
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:18 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
That looks really complicated under there.  It looks like your shifter is interfering with your clutch pulley.  This is why a lot of guys ditch the vari-drive right out of the gate.

Is there already a hole for the transaxle vent in the case?

I want to make it work. maybe a cutout in the belt tentioner. For the ventilation, i will use the rubber fill plug, and add an fuel filter with some gas line to vent it. Good enough for me, do'nt want to drive through deep water.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Shifter Linkage

i mocked up the rear fender to get a feeling how great it will look

I modified the stock FNR Shifter to fit it to the Peerless MST 206

the shifter now works you have the 6th gear in front, and the reverse in the rear. The Gears are pretty close to shift, but its good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:47 pm

Nice progress on that shifter.  Now you have some cutting to do on your fender.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:23 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
Nice progress on that shifter.  Now you have some cutting to do on your fender.

Yeah, the old shifter cutout i need to modify. A bit of welding Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Looking good, one thing I noticed.  In your picture:

I hope those are cast marks and not cracks!

Li'l Red Murray

Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:45 am

@MightyRaze wrote:
Looking good, one thing I noticed.  In your picture:

I hope those are cast marks and not cracks!

Yeah, had looked the complete case, and that's only cast marks and some scratches. i will take care of my Transaxle. Do'nt abuse it too hard.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:41 am

Excellent! Looking great!

Li'l Red Murray

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]   

Back to top Go down

MTD Rasentrac B10 Garden and Offroad Mower [2018 Build-Off Entry]
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next