All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glen4X4
Glen4X4

John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Empty
PostSubject: John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor   John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2018, 11:58 pm

I haven't been as active here as I'd like to be but I've shared my Stanley(Murray). Anyway, I picked up a free Sabre, I was going to flip it and then my father in law asked me why I didn't keep it for Lilly my daughter. A light went off in my head and I said, YEAH! It's hydro and on the side, so it'll be easy for her to operate with changing speeds instantaneous, so no making it go fast, she'll be able to use it out at camp with me on the Stanley and her pap on his 4 wheeler on light trails. So when I got it, it didn't start, the starter was shot, robbed the one from my Simplicity and still wouldn't turn, took off the valve cover and adjusted the valves (they were sloppy) and then she fired up. I started tearing all of the mower stuff off of it today, I got her to help me the other day with the muffler and shield and she was happy and wanting to help which is a WIN, a daddy-daughter project. I plan to at least put 4 wheeler or the V style tractor tires on the rear, going to swap out the front bushings for wheel bearings, and maybe Lincoln lock the differential part of the transaxle. This tractor will do until she's older. I do however need a HOOD which they make this style in the Sabre, Scott,s and John Deere, so if any of y'all in PA are on here has a hood or knows of one, message me, please.

John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Sabre_12
John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Sabre_13
John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Engine11
John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Lilly_13
John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Lilly_14
John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Lilly_15John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Deck_s11
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor   John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2018, 8:58 am

Cool project.  

So if you have 8" rear rims here's a screaming deal on a new set of tires for this machine.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/723/17501/Duro-Mud-and-Sand-Tire

I also have a sabre tractor that I picked up for $10.  I have no idea what to do with it so I might just turn it into a parts machine.  The hood on it is in better shape than yours.  Maybe I could swing through on my way to Haspin and drop it off or even the whole tractor if you really want it and for cheap. I'm not too attached to it. I might want the rear end for my John Deere though.
Back to top Go down
Glen4X4
Glen4X4

PostSubject: Re: John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor   John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2018, 10:24 pm

Crazy_Carl wrote:
Cool project.  

So if you have 8" rear rims here's a screaming deal on a new set of tires for this machine.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/723/17501/Duro-Mud-and-Sand-Tire

I also have a sabre tractor that I picked up for $10.  I have no idea what to do with it so I might just turn it into a parts machine.  The hood on it is in better shape than yours.  Maybe I could swing through on my way to Haspin and drop it off or even the whole tractor if you really want it and for cheap.  I'm not too attached to it.  I might want the rear end for my John Deere though.

Sorry I never got back to you, I didn't know there was ever a reply on this post, never got my notification. I'm not sure when you're going to Haspin or if you already have. I'd be interested in at least the hood or whatever, possibly.
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Veteran Member
biggasmowers
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor   John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2018, 12:33 pm

haspin in is june.

my friends have a sabre with a vanguard v twin in it but the hood is also smashed after someone threw a hay bale on to it.
Back to top Go down
Glen4X4
Glen4X4

PostSubject: Re: John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor   John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2018, 12:45 pm

Yeah, the little one doesn’t need much power lol. Heck this thing doesn’t even have much of a frame. So when she gets old enough to want to beat on it, the frame and transaxle won’t last and it’ll be time for something else. She wants to paint it purple once we get a hood....
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor   John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2018, 3:45 pm

The weather is getting warmer here and the snow is melted so I should be able to pick up the sabre I have soon and take a look at the hood on it.  I'll PM you some pictures if its any good.
Back to top Go down
Glen4X4
Glen4X4

PostSubject: Re: John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor   John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2018, 3:57 pm

Alright, thanks, Carl.
Back to top Go down
Glen4X4
Glen4X4

PostSubject: Re: John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor   John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2018, 12:25 am

Alright, so I bought an MTD for a parts tractor. It's the first tractor I've bought and was for parts only and sell the rest to whoever wanted MTD parts. I got the bright idea to try adapting the front end to this tractor since I have it. The hood is a little wide for the dash but tonight I drilled holes and fixed the front end to the tractor. I did a "fitment" beforehand and asked Lilly what she thought and she was worried about the decals being gone, it being painted purple and that she'd have lights. Lol, she's the cutest. So tonight after school and work, we went to the shed and put the front end on. I'm probably gonna get a light bar for her tractor and mine from the Walmart because they're cheap and bright, lol. At least right now, the engine has some protection and its metal, she loves driving this thing around, I can't wait to get the ATV tires on it and for her to run it out at camp. We have a drainage ditch on the property and she loves running in that and flexes the front end out even though I don't think she realizes shes flexing it.

John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Mtd_fr10
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor   John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2018, 12:54 am

Nice man. If there is anything at all mtd got right it was looks. I’ve fallen in love with most of their body styles. Still can’t cag past the 2000s “wedge” hood though. Bleh.

That bodystyle looks great though and I run it on my craftsman
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor   John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2018, 7:18 am

Hood looks good. I recommend a Nilight light bar from Amazon. I have a great one I bought for just $15 on Ol' Red and they've been a good sponsor for the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor   John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Deere-Sabre??? Daughters Tractor
Page 1 of 1