All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is Almost Over!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

Daily Drivers/ Projects

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ConfederaSears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 3

PostSubject: Daily Drivers/ Projects    Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 am

Whats everyone got for a daily driver?
Im currently fixing my 89 ford bronco Eddie Baurer, its a 5.slow auto. Pretty good shape for an 89. Once i get a gas saver car i plan to build the ole bronco into something neat, being a TTB front end im thinking about a pre runner build with long travel coil over set up front and rear, built 351w to push 500-600hp, get a better trans (c4 or c6) or just build the stock one to hold up to the power. Being my first vehicle thats not complete junk, has a title, and is nice id like to keep it around for along time.

I also have my 86 ford bronco my dad gave me because i was the only one to show interest in it after he got it from a friend, i learned to drive in it. Its also a 5.0 auto. It has no title so i beat on it in the yard until i blew the trans up. Currently stripping the interior down to nothing, parting it out to just axles, frame, and body then going to make it a competition built mud truck. I plan to go with a 557 or bigger big block ford, c6 auto trans, ford 9in rear end, dana 44 front end. Im wanting to have 800+ hp by time im done with it so i can run the upper classes.

89 bronco

86 Bronco
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 53

PostSubject: Re: Daily Drivers/ Projects    Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:28 am

Actually I already made one of these threads. Took off ok I think
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: Daily Drivers/ Projects    Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:48 am

Ooh, nice Bronco!
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
ConfederaSears
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Daily Drivers/ Projects    Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:37 pm

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Actually I already made one of these threads. Took off ok I think
Opps I didnt look to see if there was one already, just got bored and made one lol.
Back to top Go down
ConfederaSears
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Daily Drivers/ Projects    Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:38 pm

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
Ooh, nice Bronco!
Thank You! Means alot! So much time love and care has went into it since i first got it, itll be my never ending project.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 121

PostSubject: Re: Daily Drivers/ Projects    Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Nice looking rig guy! Love me an old Ford. My Papa's '95 F150 4x4 has an EFI 351 Windsor. Pretty nice engine, sounds pretty good as well. He alsl has a '79 F150 sitting by the barn that has a 351 Windsor with a 2 barrel carb. Been sitting for years though so it's probably locked up by now unfortunately.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
ConfederaSears
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Daily Drivers/ Projects    Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:28 pm

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
Nice looking rig guy! Love me an old Ford. My Papa's '95 F150 4x4 has an EFI 351 Windsor. Pretty nice engine, sounds pretty good as well. He alsl has a '79 F150 sitting by the barn that has a 351 Windsor with a 2 barrel carb. Been sitting for years though so it's probably locked up by now unfortunately.
Gotta love an old Windsor! Sadly every 351 that i can get my hands on for free (aka my dad give me lol) is a modified or cleveland, i love clevelands butttttt id rather have a windsor block and cleveland heads because windors have better oiling systems and clevelands have great heads. and as for modifieds they are basically a boat anchor but we have a few running ones that just wont give up.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 121

PostSubject: Re: Daily Drivers/ Projects    Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:10 pm

Ah I see. I've heard of guys doing the Windsor block and Cleveland heads thing, I think they call them a "Clevor" engine. Hahaha. I like the Cleveland's because they're big blocks. Also they seem to be able to make pretty decent power even with just the stock 2-barrel carb. I have a friend that has a '73 Mach 1 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland and it'll lay down a strip of rubber no problem, haha.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
ConfederaSears
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Daily Drivers/ Projects    Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:21 pm

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
Ah I see. I've heard of guys doing the Windsor block and Cleveland heads thing, I think they call them a "Clevor" engine. Hahaha. I like the Cleveland's because they're big blocks. Also they seem to be able to make pretty decent power even with just the stock 2-barrel carb. I have a friend that has a '73 Mach 1 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland and it'll lay down a strip of rubber no problem, haha.
Awesome! My dad build a cleveland estimated to 600hp but it threw a rod out the block the first time he drove the bronco. so i could easily get a set of cleveland heads off him. im pretty sure he has a block laying around somewhere but id much rather perfer a clevor or 460 lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Drivers/ Projects    

Back to top Go down

Daily Drivers/ Projects
Page 1 of 1