All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerOff Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
Haspin Acres Rally 2019 June 5th - 9th... Join this growing event! Details Here!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable   Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Engine braking isn’t enough?
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 51

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable   Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 7:00 pm

For 90% of the places you would go, engine braking is sufficient. Just keep it in low gear and crawl down.
I was just thinking for extreme hills and muddy conditions, a bit of added safety would be good.

Here we are using the firewood test trailer for hauling rock.
Worked well for this and with the rocks wedging into the bottom, they didn't even need to be tied down.
Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Img_7412

Moving the rocks to another location for another crazy project
Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Img_7411

The trailer held the weight no problem. So far it's held up great.
Banging over logs and rocks at haspin, towing another tractor, hauling wood.
Takes a beating and keeps going.
Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Img_7410

Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 1023291?$gif$***Simplicity Off Road Research & Development*** #64 Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 1023291?$gif$
Simplicity Adventure Edition
Diesel Submarine Project
Baja Sears Suburban
Modified Briggs Model 5s
ATLTF.COM Race Truck
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 328

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable   Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Trailer is holding up very well mr.modified!

Li'l Red Murray
Assistant Head Forum Admin ~ Chat Admin ~ Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Admins: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Mods: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21

Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
prancstaman
Expert
Expert
prancstaman

Forum Rep : 67

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable   Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 10:29 pm

Looking at the trailer full of stones just gave me an idea. Thank you Mr Modified. Smile I was just moving stone around in my yard by hand the other day, thinking I need a trailer for this, LOL. Looks like I'll be building a trailer too, a little different ofcource since it will be used mainly for yard work, but you got some nice features I would like to use too, if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable   Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 10:57 pm

Oh no problem. Originally I was gonna put a piece of plywood on this thing to move the rocks, but the bars across the floor actually hold the stones in place so it worked out decent the way it was.

Of course on a larger scale, you'd probably want some sides and a gate and then be able to dump it.

Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 1023291?$gif$***Simplicity Off Road Research & Development*** #64 Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 1023291?$gif$
Diesel Submarine Project
Baja Sears Suburban
Modified Briggs Model 5s
ATLTF.COM Race Truck
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Expert
Expert
prancstaman

Forum Rep : 67

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable   Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 11:56 pm

I'm thinking the same size as yours, but move the wheels back more so it will double as a dolly too. I'll keep the open frame like on yours with a small gate and sides that go to the gate instead of angling like yours. Maybe even steering that can lock when off the mower to use in dolly mode. 6 inch rims and maybe tires or just rims with flat sheet metal on them. And your little side bumpers to kick the trailer over to the side so the wheels don't snag on stuff too.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable   Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Keeping the trailer fairly close to the tractor helped out a lot in the woods, doesn't get too far out to the sides. Although I guess it does make backing up a bit harder.

Diesel Submarine Project
Baja Sears Suburban
Modified Briggs Model 5s
ATLTF.COM Race Truck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable   Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off Road Trailer, Designing one that's usable
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3