All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
mrshaft696
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:07 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
I'm starting to think this is getting out of hand.

Are you starting a mower junkyard?  Flipping these?  Or just straight up hoarding?

hahah all of the above... just trying to stock up  before winter I guess... I want to start spending more time on my build off tractor at the end of the summer, since now is prime cutting season.

I have a couple for sale now, but it does make it allot easier to fix stuff when you have allot more parts on hand....I do advertise on CL for tractor removal and get allot of these for free or almost nothing... I have not paid more than 20-50 dollars for a single tractor since I can remember....

The snowblower was 20 bucks and I did get it to run, the red one seems promising....
Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:27 pm

scored a plow for this DYT craftsman... missing one part but pretty close... its a cool tractor, has a 25horse engine, runs good, and has a foot pedal hydro that is slow as balls...

Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:25 am

finally got this painted so it doesn't look like Ronald McDonald

Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:31 am

Picked up a few more things lately but this one is pretty cool, 16horse limited slip rear, only issue with it is that reverse grinds & mostly doesn't work.

Has a cool lever on it that lets you slowly take off from a stop so you don't engage the clutch fast and jump....

Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 45

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:09 am

Interesting. Gonna swap the trans out and see if you can put the limited slip in your simplicity mouse?
Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 am

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Interesting. Gonna swap the trans out and see if you can put the limited slip in your simplicity mouse?

haha good idea, don't think it would be too easy, this tractor is totally different it is more like a craftsman GT in belt configuration and transaxle. The pulley on the trans is vertical and all the routing, clutch its totally different.
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 34

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Nice Simplicity. Could you get a picture(s) of the lever/linkage that allows the clutch to engage slowly? Limited slip is cool!
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 64

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:12 pm

Yeah let's see more of this unique simplicity.  cough cough trans tear down
Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:04 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
Yeah let's see more of this unique simplicity.  cough cough trans tear down

Yeah I can take some shots of it.... I only paid 50 bucks for it so I am not afraid to tear into the trans, I dont think allot of parts are available for the trans from what I saw online, but the shifter feels like it needs lubed up or something...

I got a simplicity snowblower, so i considered using it just for that if I can get reverse to work, otherwise i have to keep for parts or sell.....

Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:07 pm

I just completed a motor swap and started it up tonight on my 3108 rear engine rider...

I put in a 13hp tecumseh OHV I pulled from a MTD White tractor... I haven't driven it yet but I hope to this weekend...

Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 45

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Nobody seems to like those Tecumseh engines, and I can’t see why. Other than the plastic bowl on the carb I would think they would be about even with a briggs model 28 ohv but the Tecumseh has pressure lube
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 116

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Yeah I think it's just one of those things where one person says they're junk and everyone else just thinks the same, even if they've actually had no experience with the engines.

I really like that Simplicity! Probably a fairly well built unit.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Yesterday at 7:22 am

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
Yeah I think it's just one of those things where one person says they're junk and everyone else just thinks the same, even if they've actually had no experience with the engines.

I really like that Simplicity! Probably a fairly well built unit.

Its a 1984 believe it or not, but yeah its a nice machine...

I have ok luck with the more late model Tecumseh engines but I really don't like to touch the older stuff...All the parts are more expensive than briggs IMO if you can find.

I actually removed a 8hp briggs that would not run correctly to put this in. Its easier for me to take the engine out and try and mess with it then install another so I can move on. No telling how long it will take to get that 8hp motor working or if it even will.
Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   Yesterday at 8:44 pm

13horse just squeaks in there, having some trouble fitting the gas tank...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects   

Back to top Go down

MrShaft696 Tractor buying Sellin Mowing....Projects
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8