All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Tue May 22, 2018 5:26 pm

We already planted ours
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 57

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Tue May 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Isn't the hunting season different in texas?

You could at least mount the engine to the frame for some eye candy ......
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Tue May 22, 2018 6:53 pm

@swampduck03 wrote:
Why do you plant food plots so late? Im about to plant mine.

Well if I put up one feeder, about 12 deer will show up that night.  We are very overpopulated, I bet if I planted it the day before hunting season it'd still perform great.

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
We already planted ours

I didn't know you had any hunting land.

@biggasmowers wrote:
Isn't the hunting season different in texas?

You could at least mount the engine to the frame for some eye candy ......
Not really, the first 2 days are Oct. 28-29 for youth, then the season opens on November 5, and ends sometime in January, usually we get an extension.

It is sitting in the frame right now.  I need to, but right now I have a cold so neither project is getting any work, lol.

Last edited by Double W Cross Ranch on Tue May 22, 2018 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thanks Allis! :smash:)
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 190

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Tue May 22, 2018 7:00 pm

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:

It is sitting in the frame right now.  I need to, but right now I have a cold so neither project is getting any work, lol.

Easier to put it on the frame. lol!

Li'l Red Murray
Forum Administrator ~ Chat Moderator ~ Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Tue May 22, 2018 7:00 pm

AH.... you edited on me..

Li'l Red Murray
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Tue May 22, 2018 7:02 pm

@MightyRaze wrote:

Easier to put it on the frame.  lol!

@MightyRaze wrote:
AH.... you edited on me..
I didn't just be a jerk and change it after you posted about it, AK mentioned it in the chat and I edited it then. I guess you already had the page open.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Tue May 22, 2018 7:12 pm

between seeing it and hitting quote obviously since it is correct in the quote......

Li'l Red Murray
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Tue May 22, 2018 9:31 pm

@MightyRaze wrote:
between seeing it and hitting quote obviously since it is correct in the quote......
Yeah I guess.

Maybe if I feel up to it, I'll go work on her tomorrow.  We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Thu May 24, 2018 4:41 pm

Got tired of seeing that disgusting disgustingness so I sanded it a bit and painted the rear fenders. Looks pretty nice!

Also, any tips on getting a keyway cut in that engine shaft?
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Thu May 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Try to find an old generator to use the tapered shaft end , or you could weld it up to over 1 inch then get it running and make a mount to hold a grinder up to it and machine it down the hard way
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 121

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Thu May 24, 2018 4:53 pm

@biggasmowers wrote:
Try to find an old generator to use the tapered shaft end , or you could weld it up to over 1 inch then get it running and make a mount to hold a grinder up to it and machine it down the hard way

I don't think I would do that. Not very accurate and the welding would probably weaken or potentially warp the crank. Just have a machine shop put a keyway slot in with a mill or something.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Thu May 24, 2018 4:58 pm

@biggasmowers wrote:
Well, it doesn't really matter that it is tapered because only the first 1/2 inch of the shaft is tapered, and the pulley sits pretty far up the shaft. The only issue is that it has no keyway. I thought of just cutting a tiny little thing in it with a grinder, and using a woodruff key or something.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Thu May 24, 2018 5:00 pm

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
@biggasmowers wrote:

I don't think I would do that. Not very accurate and the welding would probably weaken or potentially warp the crank. Just have a machine shop put a keyway slot in with a mill or something.
Yeah all it needs is a keyway, it doesn't really matter that the first 1/2" is tapered because the pulley is going to be practically as far up the shaft as possible.
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Thu May 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Oh. Ok. Well then yeah you could just grind in a half moon keyway, a dremel might do a nice job verses a angle grinder.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 17

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Fri May 25, 2018 1:38 am

Weld it up once vou have your welder, and then use the angle grinder. Need to do that maybe on my MST
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Fri May 25, 2018 9:18 am

There is no easy way. Youd have to remove the crank to get a machine shop to do it...
Use a chunk of small angle iron to make a strait line in the crank, use a dremel and cutoff wheels to rough it out, and use files to finish it. Time consuming... but if you take your time you can end up with a good keyway.

Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Fri May 25, 2018 3:19 pm

@TheBeal wrote:

There is no easy way. Youd have to remove the crank to get a machine shop to do it...
Use a chunk of small angle iron to make a strait line in the crank, use a dremel and cutoff wheels to rough it out, and use files to finish it. Time consuming... but if you take your time you can end up with a good keyway.

Yeah, I've seen some vids with people doing that. I think I will, but I don't have a Dremel.
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Fri May 25, 2018 6:44 pm

They are 30 bucks at walmart.
Back to top Go down
tinkering bob
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Thu May 31, 2018 12:05 am

and less potentially with some tooling to boot at a pawn shop
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Pulled a good bit of the mowing bits and pieces out, they seem to have a decent retail price on Ebay, might look into selling them.
Pulled the rear tires off. First time I'd ever used a lug wrench on a mower! Still the smallest size on it because it was a 4 way. lol!
I couldn't figure out how to pull the rear end. Need to get the clutch pedal off because it is keeping me from pulling the fenders off. It's really siezed and I can't get a hammer on it to remove it. We'll see how it pans out.
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:39 pm

On the jd 140 I had, the clutch was on a shaft and had roll pins on each end with brass bushings where the clutch rod went through the frame
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:48 pm

@biggasmowers wrote:
On the jd 140 I had, the clutch was on a shaft and had roll pins on each end with brass bushings where the clutch rod went through the frame
On mine, it's a little different. There is a keyed shaft that comes out, and the pedal slips over that. There is a set screw that holds it in. I removed the set screw and sprayed the shaft and pedal with oil, and it will not break loose. Mad
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 121

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:52 pm

A puller would probably help if you could figure out a way to get it to grip onto the clutch pedal.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
tinkering bob
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:48 pm

or apply heat if possible to help it expand and pop it out while it's hot
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Forum Rep : 55

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:05 am

Yeah, heat would help a lot.

Or just cut it lol.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Okay so right now I'm in Oklahoma so I can't work on it.  But I thought I would outline the plan.
Figure out what I'm going to do about the engine shaft
Mount the engine
Unseize the vari drive
Replace the tires, which is a big expense
Throttle, fuel tank, etc.
And run it without a locker for a while. I probably will still lock it, but I'd like to see what it does first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]    

Back to top Go down

John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build [2018 Build-Off Entry]
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next