All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off starts soon! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!

Share | 
 

 DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice


Join date : 2018-02-28
Posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sat May 12, 2018 7:43 pm

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Great deal man! I know people wanted to keep the Kohler but I think a diesel is just as cool

Diesel is much cooler than a old Kohler
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Age : 19
Join date : 2016-07-10
Posts : 3176
Forum Rep : 113
Location : Glencoe, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sat May 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Make sure to bleed that injector system, guarantee she won't start otherwise.

_______________________________________________
Success doesn't happen to all of us, if it did they'd change it believe me - Red Green

                             Tourque it 'til it breaks, then back it off a quarter turn!
       

        Stuff I've Welded Together
        - M.T.D. Off-Road Build  
      
- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Lawn Tractor Utility Trailer
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build  
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2014-11-16
Posts : 1690
Forum Rep : 28
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sat May 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Nice score man! Glad it wasn't seized. I'll be sad to see the Kohler go though. And yes you will need to bleed the fuel system to let all the air out. Take the metal fuel line off at the injector (I think its a 17mm nut), set the throttle fully open then hold down the compression release and pull the engine over until fuel comes out of the line, then reconnect the line to the injector. You could also try blowing in the diesel tank to prime it if you don't want to take off the fuel line. Also a thing you should check before firing it up is that the throttle mechanism is working properly and not stuck or stiff.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Age : 19
Join date : 2016-07-10
Posts : 3176
Forum Rep : 113
Location : Glencoe, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sat May 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Yeah the fuel rack things like to stick when they engines sit for a while apparently. That would cause it to not start so make sure to check it.

_______________________________________________
Success doesn't happen to all of us, if it did they'd change it believe me - Red Green

                             Tourque it 'til it breaks, then back it off a quarter turn!
       

        Stuff I've Welded Together
        - M.T.D. Off-Road Build  
      
- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Lawn Tractor Utility Trailer
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build  
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Trial Administrator
Trial Administrator
avatar

Age : 43
Join date : 2016-09-06
Posts : 3567
Forum Rep : 143
Location : Shawnee, OK

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sat May 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Nice deal.

_______________________________________________

1982 Murray GT. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-39002 . . . [2018 Entry]
Progress:   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           0              |              50             |             100

Murray CCT (KAL prebuild)
Sasquatch II . [2017 Finalist]
Li'l Red Murray

Arrow How To Upload Pictures
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 14
Join date : 2017-06-09
Posts : 1573
Forum Rep : 19
Location : Central Texas

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 2:08 am

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Great deal man! I know people wanted to keep the Kohler but I think a diesel is just as cool
Thanks man! I think it's cooler, honestly. Rollin' coal all day long!

@SebastianAlbrecht wrote:
@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Great deal man! I know people wanted to keep the Kohler but I think a diesel is just as cool

Diesel is much cooler than a old Kohler
Agreed!

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
Make sure to bleed that injector system, guarantee she won't start otherwise.
That was the plan.

@MatthewD wrote:
Nice score man! Glad it wasn't seized. I'll be sad to see the Kohler go though. And yes you will need to bleed the fuel system to let all the air out. Take the metal fuel line off at the injector (I think its a 17mm nut), set the throttle fully open then hold down the compression release and pull the engine over until fuel comes out of the line, then reconnect the line to the injector. You could also try blowing in the diesel tank to prime it if you don't want to take off the fuel line. Also a thing you should check before firing it up is that the throttle mechanism is working properly and not stuck or stiff.
Thanks! IDK, I'm trying to find something to do with it, just not this.

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
Yeah the fuel rack things like to stick when they engines sit for a while apparently. That would cause it to not start so make sure to check it.
I'm not too sure this one was sitting for that long.

@MightyRaze wrote:
Nice deal.  
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Online
Crazy_Carl
Expert
Expert
avatar

Age : 29
Join date : 2017-10-30
Posts : 1123
Forum Rep : 46
Location : Rochester, New York

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 2:25 am

I can’t believe you found a good diesel motor for $50! I’m blown away!
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 14
Join date : 2017-06-09
Posts : 1573
Forum Rep : 19
Location : Central Texas

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 2:35 am

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
I can’t believe you found a good diesel motor for $50! I’m blown away!

Haha, thanks! Was much cheaper than restoring the Kohler, and I kinda like a diesel more. Also, having a tax exemption on ranch items, we can get tax-exempt diesel and a price discount.

So, should I do a stack or a tailpipe? I think a stack, just so I can blow coal out a stack crazy loud. Not a very long one, because I don't want to mess up the block if I roll it, which, not being a romper, I shouldn't ever do. lol!
Back to top Go down
Online
Crazy_Carl
Expert
Expert
avatar

Age : 29
Join date : 2017-10-30
Posts : 1123
Forum Rep : 46
Location : Rochester, New York

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 2:42 am

honestly I would do the exhaust just like fearless front’s diesel sears. he had a stack but the fumes kept going in his face. The way he has his exhaust on it now is just like a lot of compact diesel tractors like my uncles older Kubota .
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 14
Join date : 2017-06-09
Posts : 1573
Forum Rep : 19
Location : Central Texas

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 3:09 am

Yeah, I've thought of that. I'll post some pictures tomorrow of what I'm working with.  It's what's left of a Briggs muffler.
Back to top Go down
Online
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2018-02-28
Posts : 202
Forum Rep : 8
Location : Saxony, Germany

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 10:25 am

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
@Crazy_Carl wrote:
I can’t believe you found a good diesel motor for $50! I’m blown away!

Haha, thanks!  Was much cheaper than restoring the Kohler, and I kinda like a diesel more.  Also, having a tax exemption on ranch items, we can get tax-exempt diesel and a price discount.

So, should I do a stack or a tailpipe?   I think a stack, just so I can blow coal out a stack crazy loud.  Not a very long one, because I don't want to mess up the block if I roll it, which, not being a romper, I shouldn't ever do. lol!

Stack !! Straight Piped! Big Diameter, for deep tone
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2018-02-28
Posts : 202
Forum Rep : 8
Location : Saxony, Germany

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 10:31 am

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
honestly I would do the exhaust just like fearless front’s diesel sears.   he had a stack but the fumes kept going in his face.   The way he has his exhaust on it now is just like a lot of compact diesel tractors  like my uncles older Kubota .

I have right now no Problems with my muffler about getting the fumes in my face, IDK if diesel fumes smell horrible, but if they are not worse than gas, you should make your Exhaust like mine, but without the Glasspack,you need Noise!
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2016-12-30
Posts : 1640
Forum Rep : 46
Location : Kansas

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 2:58 pm

Wow . That's a nice engine forfor 50 bucks. IIs it missing anything aaside from a muffler?
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 14
Join date : 2017-06-09
Posts : 1573
Forum Rep : 19
Location : Central Texas

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 3:58 pm

@SebastianAlbrecht wrote:
@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
@Crazy_Carl wrote:
I can’t believe you found a good diesel motor for $50! I’m blown away!

Haha, thanks!  Was much cheaper than restoring the Kohler, and I kinda like a diesel more.  Also, having a tax exemption on ranch items, we can get tax-exempt diesel and a price discount.

So, should I do a stack or a tailpipe?   I think a stack, just so I can blow coal out a stack crazy loud.  Not a very long one, because I don't want to mess up the block if I roll it, which, not being a romper, I shouldn't ever do. lol!

Stack !! Straight Piped! Big Diameter, for deep tone
Haha, yeah I planned to do a straight pipe.

@SebastianAlbrecht wrote:
@Crazy_Carl wrote:
honestly I would do the exhaust just like fearless front’s diesel sears.   he had a stack but the fumes kept going in his face.   The way he has his exhaust on it now is just like a lot of compact diesel tractors like my uncles older Kubota.

I have right now no Problems with my muffler about getting the fumes in my face, IDK if diesel fumes smell horrible, but if they are not worse than gas, you should make your Exhaust like mine, but without the Glasspack, you need Noise!
Diesel is probably one of the worst smelling fumes on earth. It can also cause cancer if you breathe it in too much.

@biggasmowers wrote:
Wow . That's a nice engine for 50 bucks. Is it missing anything aside from a muffler?
Well, I'm not sure that it is missing a muffler. In all the unboxing videos I see of it, it doesn't appear to have a muffler. The starter and the gas tank are missing.

Speaking of the gas tank, the original JD one has rust holes all in it. So my question is since it has fuel injection and a fuel injection pump, does that mean I can mount the tank anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Online
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2014-11-16
Posts : 1690
Forum Rep : 28
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 4:05 pm

I'd do a stack, especially if you're going for the compact tractor look. When it was new it should definitely have had an exhaust. As far as I know if you have a fuel pump you can mount the tank anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 14
Join date : 2017-06-09
Posts : 1573
Forum Rep : 19
Location : Central Texas

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 4:07 pm

@MatthewD wrote:
I'd do a stack, especially if you're going for the compact tractor look. When it was new it should definitely have had an exhaust. As far as I know if you have a fuel pump you can mount the tank anywhere.
Okay, yeah I've been leaning towards a stack, so I can blow coal up into the sky. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Online
AllisKidD21
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Age : 19
Join date : 2016-07-10
Posts : 3176
Forum Rep : 113
Location : Glencoe, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Well it probably never had a gas tank on it. Hehe. But yeah, you should be able to relocate the fuel tank without having fuel delivery issues if I'm not mistaken.

_______________________________________________
Success doesn't happen to all of us, if it did they'd change it believe me - Red Green

                             Tourque it 'til it breaks, then back it off a quarter turn!
       

        Stuff I've Welded Together
        - M.T.D. Off-Road Build  
      
- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Lawn Tractor Utility Trailer
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build  
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 14
Join date : 2017-06-09
Posts : 1573
Forum Rep : 19
Location : Central Texas

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 4:10 pm

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
Well it probably never had a gas tank on it. Hehe. But yeah, you should be able to relocate the fuel tank without having fuel delivery issues if I'm not mistaken.
*LAME JOKE ALERT*
Thanks, that's what I was wanting to know.
Back to top Go down
Online
SebastianAlbrecht
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2018-02-28
Posts : 202
Forum Rep : 8
Location : Saxony, Germany

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 4:39 pm

Then you should better do a straight pipe that is removable, and high enough, to get over your head with a Raincap. Use a Steel Pipe that is threaded, so you can remove it if you need to
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2016-12-30
Posts : 1640
Forum Rep : 46
Location : Kansas

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Any pics yet?????????
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 14
Join date : 2017-06-09
Posts : 1573
Forum Rep : 19
Location : Central Texas

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 10:39 pm

@SebastianAlbrecht wrote:
Then you should better do a straight pipe that is removable, and high enough, to get over your head with a Raincap. Use a Steel Pipe that is threaded, so you can remove it if you need to
Yeah, but that would require a welder so IDK.
@biggasmowers wrote:
Any pics yet?????????
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!








The picture makes the studs look stripped for some reason, IDK why, but they're not.



Tapered with no keyway.  Well, they don't call me steady-grinder-hand for nothing! lol!

Manifold heater
Back to top Go down
Online
CraftsmanQuad19
Expert
Expert
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2016-04-12
Posts : 1264
Forum Rep : 41
Location : Indiana

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Sun May 13, 2018 11:37 pm

Tapered shaft. So it was a generator engine
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
avatar

Age : 28
Join date : 2013-11-02
Posts : 2090
Forum Rep : 35
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Mon May 14, 2018 12:20 am

Cool, that's what I need for my diesel submarine project. Except I'm too cheap to get a real yanmar.

_______________________________________________
***Simplicity Racing Team*** #64 Question? Feel free to PM!
Simplicity Adventure Edition
Diesel Submarine Project
Baja Sears Suburban
Modified Briggs Model 5s
ATLTF.COM Race Truck
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 14
Join date : 2017-06-09
Posts : 1573
Forum Rep : 19
Location : Central Texas

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Mon May 14, 2018 12:28 am

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Tapered shaft. So it was a generator engine
Yeah, IDK what idiot would waste a diesel on a generator.  At least this one will get a decent job.
@mr.modified wrote:
Cool, that's what I need for my diesel submarine project. Except I'm too cheap to get a real yanmar.
Haha, well I thought I was too until I found this one and ended up spending $50 on it.
Back to top Go down
Online
MightyRaze
Trial Administrator
Trial Administrator
avatar

Age : 43
Join date : 2016-09-06
Posts : 3567
Forum Rep : 143
Location : Shawnee, OK

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Mon May 14, 2018 12:47 am

Looks to be a good fit.

_______________________________________________

1982 Murray GT. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-39002 . . . [2018 Entry]
Progress:   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           0              |              50             |             100

Murray CCT (KAL prebuild)
Sasquatch II . [2017 Finalist]
Li'l Red Murray

Arrow How To Upload Pictures
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2016-12-30
Posts : 1640
Forum Rep : 46
Location : Kansas

PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   Mon May 14, 2018 1:41 am

Oooh nice!!!! Shouldn't take too much to get it running. Just put some oil in the cylinder before you try to start it to lube up the rings if it's been sitting for awhile . Im jealous , the need to roll coal is real lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build   

Back to top Go down
 
DIESEL John Deere 110 "Sub-Compact Tractor" Build
Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Build-Off Competition :: Build-Off Competition Threads-
Jump to: