All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What kind of Engine should it get?
Diesel Dynamark
33%
 33% [ 3 ]
420 Clone Dynamark
22%
 22% [ 2 ]
Boring stock mower with the Tecumseh 11HP
44%
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:16 pm

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
Paint a Confederate flag on the hood and put the numbers 01 on it somewhere and paint The General Lee down the side of the hood!

lol! lol! lol!
I will write Dynamark on the sides of the hood. And a US Flag decal on the grill between the lights where the Dynamark decal were and IDK maybe I will put some gun stickers somewhere

Hopefully I do'nt get caught from the cops for making AD for Guns and the US lol
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 17

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Not quite sure you understand....
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Oh, LOL. nah, that's a sign i'm way too stupid
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 17

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:00 pm

@SebastianAlbrecht wrote:

Lol, no you're just not farmiliar with American TV shows. Anywho, don't mean to be threadjacking....
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:03 pm

@SebastianAlbrecht wrote:

Lol, no you're just not farmiliar with American TV shows. Anywho, don't mean to be threadjacking....

You did nothing wrong. I learned something new, and that's nothing bad, til it blocks my brain for new mower Ideas lol!
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:27 pm

It’s a great old show. Maybe watch an episode or two if you can find any translated to German
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 68

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:25 pm

I vote orange too.

This machine is small and light.  A modified predator 212cc will give you plenty of power.  You can spend the  money you save on performance upgrades and a nice 1" live rear axle.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 52

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:59 pm

I think any stock ungoverned clone will pull him along alright.

pleasedontgodieselpleasedontgodieselpleasedontgodiesel
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 179

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:41 pm

I don't know if they have predators over there? Maybe some other clone?  I agree with the 212 or even a 297 or 301 clone?  420 may be overpowered, but then again, it would have lots of power!

(Kal-El) 1982 Murray GT. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-39002 . . . [2018 Entry]
Progress:  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           0              |              50             |             100

Murray CCT (KAL prebuild)
Sasquatch II . [2017 Finalist]
Li'l Red Murray

Arrow How To Upload Pictures
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:14 am

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
It’s a great old show. Maybe watch an episode or two if you can find any translated to German

how it's called?

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
I vote orange too.

This machine is small and light.  A modified predator 212cc will give you plenty of power.  You can spend the  money you save on performance upgrades and a nice 1" live rear axle.

I want a governed Engine cuz I want to allow some buds to drive it, and the most of them step just on the throttle like crazy and have no clue how to listen to an engine.  On high RPMs they also do'nt sound good anymore

@RichieRichOverdrive wrote:
I think any stock ungoverned clone will pull him along alright.

pleasedontgodieselpleasedontgodieselpleasedontgodiesel

til the rod throws and will smash the beautiful front grille

@MightyRaze wrote:
I don't know if they have predators over there? Maybe some other clone?  I agree with the 212 or even a 297 or 301 clone?  420 may be overpowered, but then again, it would have lots of power!

nah, here are'nt predators, but they're mostly the same, just painted red or yellow and a chingchang whatever the crap sticker on them.

I need enough torque to do burnouts on 20" tires and drifting donuts on lawn. Maybe my Grandpa gets mad if I tear up the yard with it LOL
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:45 am

I had bought those Murray 6" front rims originally for MTD for his 2nd pair of tires, but I changed plans, so I decided to use them for Drifting Dynamrk.

I put brand new tires on them (I got them for cheap from the seller I got Drifting Dynamark from)

I think they look great on it!

Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:02 am

Yesterday we had a hard discussion on FB..

Some said, a CVT is a bad solution, some said a Foote is better than a 700.

So, here is the Question:

Engine: OPPY ?

Gearbox: Foote 3 Speed (I have 1 lying around)

or Peerless 700?

Or staying with the Plan of the CVT and the 420 Clone??

I need Your Votes! I really would like to go for an Oppy, but I do'nt trust the 700s, and the Foote's either!

Last edited by SebastianAlbrecht on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:48 pm

I would go for a horizontal shaft engine and CVT going to a live rear axle, simply because there is less to go wrong than with a belt, trans and chain setup. However if you want to go with an Oppy, a Foote 3 speed or Peerless 700 would do the job fine. Also if you go for the CVT route, you could use almost any horizontal small engine that you can find to keep costs down, as long as it's got enough horsepower.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:17 pm

@MatthewD wrote:
I would go for a horizontal shaft engine and CVT going to a live rear axle, simply because there is less to go wrong than with a belt, trans and chain setup. However if you want to go with an Oppy, a Foote 3 speed or Peerless 700 would do the job fine. Also if you go for the CVT route, you could use almost any horizontal small engine that you can find to keep costs down, as long as it's got enough horsepower.

I like the CVT Idea too, Problem is, I have to hack up the frame pretty bad. If i go for 420 and TAV30 clone, 450$ or so. Oppy and Gearbox will be VERY VERY EXPENSIVE! Engine 500$, Gearbox 250$. IDK How I should get that much Money, but the Oppy Sound probably would pay for it LOL

I have No horizontal shaft Engines Sad

And in this Country U ca'nt get anything good, without paying it like it is gold Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 52

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:12 pm

Oppy and whatever trans you can get, those footes are as good as 700s
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:31 am

@RichieRichOverdrive wrote:
Oppy and whatever trans you can get, those footes are as good as 700s

700s and Footes aren't very good. They do'nt like too much torque on the input shaft. I looked yesterday for foote replacements: 1 and it's 175$. 700s are easier to get, but also 200$ range. Will be a very expensive Build, if I need to replace the Transmissions all the Time. or a Peerless 600 would be cool!
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 118

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:49 am

I disagree about that first part. If you mount a 700 properly,
(not just bolted to some wimpy frame) and even make a brace for the pinion shaft housing they could probably handle a lot.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:56 am

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
I disagree about that first part. If you mount a 700 properly,
(not just bolted to some wimpy frame) and even make a brace for the pinion shaft housing they could probably handle a lot.

So U would recommend using a 700?
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 118

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:21 am

I recommend using whatever is the most space and performance efficient. Also in your case whatever is the cheapest, haha.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:32 am

People use 700s in their race mowers at 50 mph or more for extended periods of time. They hold up fine
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:32 am

People use 700s in their race mowers at 50 mph or more for extended periods of time. They hold up fine
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
I recommend using whatever is the most space and performance efficient. Also in your case whatever is the cheapest, haha.

the cheapest would be modding the 920 for Oil and put a Regular Mower Engine in front.

But the 920 will not like that! Getting a Oppy is a tiny bit more expensive than a 420 Clone. The Foote was free. A TAV30 Clone is cheap. A Oppy has badass sound, but it is so thirsty. the 420 isn't that thirsty, but has not such a cool sound. Whatever I go, I lose Reverse.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:35 am

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:

Then I should go for 700? 3 gears would be enough for my applications. But those things will leak oil everywhere.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 am

Trust me the 420 is thirsty. Moose had one at haspin and his biggest problem seemed to be running out of gas. He went through a whole tank in about an hour of riding. He used the stock tank mounted to the engine
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:38 am

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Trust me the 420 is thirsty. Moose had one at haspin and his biggest problem seemed to be running out of gas. He went through a whole tank in about an hour of riding. He used the stock tank mounted to the engine

WOW!! hadn't thought that, cuz anyone sais, OHVs aren't that thirsty as Flatheads
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 68

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:11 pm

I vote foote and whatever cheap engine you can get, something 12hp or above
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   

Back to top Go down

38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next