All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is Almost Over!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What kind of Engine should it get?
Diesel Dynamark
30%
 30% [ 3 ]
420 Clone Dynamark
20%
 20% [ 2 ]
Boring stock mower with the Tecumseh 11HP
50%
 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:11 pm

I vote foote and whatever cheap engine you can get, something 12hp or above
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 17

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:27 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
I vote foote and whatever cheap engine you can get, something 12hp or above

ok. I will take a look inside the Foote soon, and will look for Engines. Strange thing is, Flatty singles aren't much cheaper than Vanguards, Inteks, Oppys.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:14 am

Well I have mostly decided which Way I will go....

Engine: I'm not such a big fan of Chinese stuff, and I love briggs Engines
I need a big engine that still clears the hood..
So I will buy a BRIGGS OPPOSED TWIN for it, cuz they clear the hood without any problems.

Trans: CVT will slip easily, but is very easy to drive. Peerless 700s are expensive, and I lose Reverse when I need to mod it. Foote 3 speed I can sell for 125$, I lose reverse too, and if it blews up, I have a hard time looking for a replacement.

I finally found a old 3 speed H shift Transaxle called PEERLESS 600 I will buy. it's as expensive as the money I get for the Foote, and much more reliable.  I think this will be a good solution. Cuz the 600s are Oil Filled, have Needle bearings, and 3 speeds are enough for a fast mower. And to quiet down the whining noise it will make running 30MPH I will STRAIGHT PIPE the Oppy with SIDEPIPES. Sounds good...

As U can see, Drifting Dynamark has gotten a workbench LOL

Parts of Mud Murray are sitting on it, my Wrenches and Sockets too,....  it just collects dust! Sad
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 76

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:24 pm

solid drivetrain choices
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:42 pm

Hmmm, that Vanguard looks pretty good in there. But an opposed twin will be pretty cool. The 600 series is pretty beefy, has cast iron axle sleeves. The H shifter is a nice feature as well. Can't wait to see this build moving on a bit.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
solid drivetrain choices

thanks!

@MatthewD wrote:
Hmmm, that Vanguard looks pretty good in there. But an opposed twin will be pretty cool. The 600 series is pretty beefy, has cast iron axle sleeves. The H shifter is a nice feature as well. Can't wait to see this build moving on a bit.

Yep. I just stored Mud Murrays Engine there cuz the box I had it in, was in the way all the time, and in DDs engine bay was some space.

Once I have the Parts I will begin building it.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Bought me a Peerless 600

Now I need to wait til it arrives my home.....
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:17 pm

The new Transaxle for the DRIFTING DYNAMARK finally arrived me!

I hope the Internals are good, it doesn't look too good from the outside, kinda botched up.  Unfortunately the only one in G that fitted my wallet.

Axles are BAD! MTD! Puke!
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:17 pm

Nice! Been painted partly painted white at some point. Why are there FNR axles in there??
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 53

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:09 pm

All transaxles in MTDs were like that, not just the FNR. We have a peerless 801 from an MTD ranch king with those axles
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 121

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:45 pm

I like those axle shafts on there, don't have to worry about loosing the dang key or anything. Also I noticed that the pinion shaft is threaded with a nut in it instead of just an E-clip, kinda cool. I wonder why there's that grease fitting in the case right about the differential assembly?

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:43 am

@MatthewD wrote:
Nice! Been painted partly painted white at some point. Why are there FNR axles in there??

Probably it was inside a MTD

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
All transaxles in MTDs were like that, not just the FNR. We have a peerless 801 from an MTD ranch king with those axles

I hate those Axles

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
I like those axle shafts on there, don't have to worry about loosing the dang key or anything. Also I noticed that the pinion shaft is threaded with a nut in it instead of just an E-clip, kinda cool. I wonder why there's that grease fitting in the case right about the differential assembly?

I too. Wait, Disgusting news!
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:01 am

OPENED the PEERLESS 600!

I wondered, why there were some Grease zerks.

Now I can see the Disgustingness inside!

BUSHING GREASE!!!!!  NO!!!!

and: WHO DOES SUCH   ????
Hopefully the bolts from the blown FNR fit there, otherwise I need to file them to the original shape again.

I will clean every part, and hope, nothing is damaged. and most important: CAN I MOD IT TO OIL???
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:41 am

Well they are originally oil filled, so as long as the axle seals are still intact it'll be fine to fill it with gear oil.

Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:13 pm

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
Well they are originally oil filled, so as long as the axle seals are still intact it'll be fine to fill it with gear oil.

seals dont look too nice, but strange thing is, it looks like the grease zerks were stock.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Nice, I'm super jealous of that 600. The zerks mean that you can change the oil in the trans without even taking it off the tractor, which is nice.
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:47 pm

I'm wonderint if this is a less common grease lubricated one.  I didn't see the drain or sight plug in the pictures.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 40

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Not too bad a trans. I like how it mounts to the frame with those brackets. That spacer between the shifter and the case means that it is short throw shifting, won't get any better then that. Gears all look OK. Bummer about the grease though. A mechanic trick for something leaking oil and you need to use it is fill it with grease, probably what happened here.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:28 pm

You can always change/check the oil on these without taking them out, I've done it with all three of my tractors with 600's.

Kinda strange though that there is a grease fitting threaded into the drain plug. Either someone did that themselves or this is an oddball as Carl said. I wouldn't think grease would be very good in a 600 though. I feel like the spot where the counter shaft spins on the longer axle shaft would hardly get any lubrication with grease, pretty tight clearance. But if you're convering it to oil filled it should be all good.

- Also I noticed that one has the single keyed countershaft instead of the splined one. Any plans to make that more reliable?

Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:58 am

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
Nice, I'm super jealous of that 600.  The zerks mean that you can change the oil in the trans without even taking it off the tractor, which is nice.

Thanks! If I can find bolts that fit the threads, Yes!

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
I'm wonderint if this is a less common grease lubricated one.  I didn't see the drain or sight plug in the pictures.

Could be possible, since some people told me, that those Axles were only used by MTD, so it's probably a MTD POS Transaxle, and grease was cheaper?

@prancstaman wrote:
Not too bad a trans. I like how it mounts to the frame with those brackets. That spacer between the shifter and the case means that it is short throw shifting, won't get any better then that. Gears all look OK. Bummer about the grease though. A mechanic trick for something leaking oil and you need to use it is fill it with grease, probably what happened here.

Hope it wo'nt be too hard to fit it to my REINFORCED Dynamark frame. For later added, the zerks and holes look too good for homemade, since all the stuff someone ,,fixed" was botched pretty bad.

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
You can always change/check the oil on these without taking them out, I've done it with all three of my tractors with 600's.

Kinda strange though that there is a grease fitting threaded into the drain plug. Either someone did that themselves or this is an oddball as Carl said. I wouldn't think grease would be very good in a 600 though. I feel like the spot where the counter shaft spins on the longer axle shaft would hardly get any lubrication with grease, pretty tight clearance. But if you're convering it to oil filled it should be all good.

- Also I noticed that one has the single keyed countershaft instead of the splined one. Any plans to make that more reliable?

Nice!
Yep, the Input Gear was fully DRY! I have to do that, since grease sucks, and I need very good lubrication for this one, if it has to spin so fast, plans are 35MPH.
IDK, Welding it? I could maybe ask someone at work, if he could weld it for me.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:49 am

I Scrapped the Dynamark!

Here U can see why: It's completely rusted out!

So I will build now the GUTBROD Frame, with the Dynamark Hood, Fender and Dash.

And I got the AWESOME Chance to get a 2nd PEERLESS 600, so I collected my last savings outta my pockets, and bought it.

This one looks like it's in way better shape, and has the regular axles, and the stock brake, input pulley, drain plugs instead of grease zerks, and no botching marks, like it's never opened up from a pre-owner!
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 191

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:33 pm

Nice!  Does it appear to shift smoothly?  

Li'l Red Murray
Forum Administrator ~ Chat Moderator ~ Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Yikes, that frame was in bad shape! The Gutbrod frame is much better. The second Peerless 600 looks pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 53

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:51 pm

The Gutbrod is also made by dynamark right? That’s the one you got the vanguard off of? If it’s the one I’m thinking of everything should bolt right over because they’re made from the same stamp
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Bummer about the rust, but I like the plan you have moving forward.  That 600 looks a lot better than the last one.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:57 pm

@MightyRaze wrote:
Nice!  Does it appear to shift smoothly?  

I can shift into every gear.

@MatthewD wrote:
Yikes, that frame was in bad shape! The Gutbrod frame is much better. The second Peerless 600 looks pretty good too.

Yep! That's why I scrapped it! Thanks.

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
The Gutbrod is also made by dynamark right? That’s the one you got the vanguard off of? If it’s the one I’m thinking of everything should bolt right over because they’re made from the same stamp

Yeah, also Dynamark-based. Yep, that POS gave me the Vanguard and the AWS. Frame looks to 99% Identical

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
Bummer about the rust, but I like the plan you have moving forward.  That 600 looks a lot better than the last one.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower   

Back to top Go down

38 MPH DRIFTING DYNAMARK Trail and Drift Mower
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next