All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is Almost Over!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

Gutbrod 1032

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ErikTheGerman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Gutbrod 1032   Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Hello Guys. A week ago i purchased a gutbrod 1032. It is a small garden tractor wich is shaft driven and it has front and rear pto. Also it has a lockable diff. It was standing in a garage for some years. The previous owner painted it green I think it looks ugly so i am going to paint it with the original colours red and white. It came with the engine disassembled without piston and rod so I need a new engine as well. I dont know what I should take but I did look at the yanmar clones, hondas and horizontal briggs engines. I already startet to disassemble the tractor and painted some parts. But this is what it looks like so far.

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 200

PostSubject: Re: Gutbrod 1032   Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Interesting tractor. Should be a fun build.

Forum Administrator ~ Chat Moderator ~ Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Gutbrod 1032   Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:42 pm

Really cool tractor! Is that a Gutbord engine? The exhaust/inlet manifold thing is neat. Do you have most of the parts for the engine except for the piston and con rod? If you do then it might be more cost effective to buy a second hand/new rod and piston, depending on how easily available parts are for those engines. The shaft adaptor might not fit another engine, depending on the size/type of shaft it has. Interesting project, looking forward to seeing it running and driving.
Back to top Go down
ErikTheGerman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Gutbrod 1032   Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:03 am

@MatthewD wrote:
Really cool tractor! Is that a Gutbord engine? The exhaust/inlet manifold thing is neat. Do you have most of the parts for the engine except for the piston and con rod? If you do then it might be more cost effective to buy a second hand/new rod and piston, depending on how easily available parts are for those engines. The shaft adaptor might not fit another engine, depending on the size/type of shaft it has. Interesting project, looking forward to seeing it running and driving.

It is a 10hp gutbrod engine. the thing with the parts is that the brand doesnt exist anymore. The factory is now working under the name MTD. But there are some forums for gutbrod fans and i will try to get the parts or the same engine in better shape.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 121

PostSubject: Re: Gutbrod 1032   Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:51 am

Super neat looking tractor! I agree it'd be cool if you could get the parts to get the original engine running and put it back in the tractor.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 82

PostSubject: Re: Gutbrod 1032   Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:56 pm

With the design of the driveline here, I agree keep the engine original.  I would clone swap it as a last resort.
Back to top Go down
ErikTheGerman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Gutbrod 1032   Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Some weeks passed and i had it all apart, did some grinding and i also got some parts to the sand blaster. It is now painted and back together, one of the front tires was bad so i left them off for now. I am at the point where i need a running engine, but for now i dont have the money to buy one so it is gonna sit like this for a while. Ive got some pictures of the painting and how it looks now.

more in the next reply.
Back to top Go down
ErikTheGerman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Gutbrod 1032   Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:40 pm

Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 121

PostSubject: Re: Gutbrod 1032   Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Looking greatso far! Definitely a very interesting tractor, I'd love to know more about the transaxle. The front axle is neat looking too, the tie-rod ends are more automotive style it looks like. Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gutbrod 1032   

Back to top Go down

Gutbrod 1032
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Utility, Workhorse, and Pulling Tractors-
Jump to: