All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!

murray noma hybrid

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

murray noma hybrid - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: murray noma hybrid   murray noma hybrid - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 7:23 am

Many say the 820's weak point is the reverse chain... Remember the case is a weak point too, so I would use caution with the thought of "could have used a bigger tire".  It's looking good!
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
RockeyDA
Veteran
Veteran
RockeyDA

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: murray noma hybrid   murray noma hybrid - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 am

the 930's weakpoint seems to be the bull gear. as i have killed 2 that way
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

Forum Rep : 9

PostSubject: Re: murray noma hybrid   murray noma hybrid - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 2:53 pm

@MightyRaze wrote:
Many say the 820's weak point is the reverse chain... Remember the case is a weak point too, so I would use caution with the thought of "could have used a bigger tire".  It's looking good!
i don't think i will have much trouble with the current tire size since it the stock size, i do need to make a set of braces for the front of the transaxle, my mst had a bolt going from the frame to the case with a spacer inbetween as a brace, stock setup, and the 820 doesn't have provision for that same setup, i don't think i'm going to be breaking this, most of my riding is in mud and light to medium trail duty, there just isn't any really good trails around here that i can find or have access to anymore
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: murray noma hybrid   murray noma hybrid - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 1:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T-gXnAEI0c
to be honest this thing is a beast with these tires, i had no trouble going through some nasty mud that gave my locked mst and the nobbies i had before some trouble
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: murray noma hybrid   murray noma hybrid - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 9:08 pm

well me and my brother are having issues with his murray grass cutter, it's a 98 widebody with a 46in deck, to put it simply, the deck engagement lever won't work, it does fine without the engagement spring, but as soon as you put any kind of tension on it it refuses to move, we actually bent the lever trying and we can't figure it out makes no sense to either of us, so we are doing an electric clutch conversion, as much as i hate electric clutches it's our only choice, good thing we already have the electric clutch assembly, all we will need to do is remove the pulley brakes from the deck and figure out a couple other minor things, we'll leave the factory deck clutch on and just use it as a tensioner, the hardest part will be keeping the part of the electric clutch with the wires from turning but i think i have that figured out too
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: murray noma hybrid   murray noma hybrid - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 12:16 am

i'm having an issue with the vtwin on my murray, 23hp briggs off a huskie. i'm not sure if you can call it an issue really, basically it don't like getting wet, when it gets wet it starts misfiring really bad and popping through the carb, after running a short time and it dries out it runs perfectly fine again, is this an issue these briggs v twins have and is there a way to fix it? also can the dual output coil off an opposed twin be used on a v twin?
Back to top Go down
RockeyDA
Veteran
Veteran
RockeyDA

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: murray noma hybrid   murray noma hybrid - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 6:13 am

for me its spark plugs when that happens. slide the cable ends past the rubber boot and coat every thing in grease
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: murray noma hybrid   murray noma hybrid - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 12:45 pm

@RockeyDA wrote:
for me its spark plugs when that happens. slide the cable ends past the rubber boot and coat every thing in grease
thanks,i'll try that see if it does any good, i know you watched my last video should have been able to hear what it's doing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: murray noma hybrid   murray noma hybrid - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

murray noma hybrid
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8