All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
Haspin Acres Rally 2019 June 5th - 9th... Join this growing event! Details Here!

Share | 

SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:51 am

@MatthewD wrote:
Box steel for reinforcing looks good. How about making a subframe to go inside the stock frame? That would be slightly less complicated but would achieve the same result.

Impossible to do since I need to change everything then... Will take a closer look to that Rig soon & figure out a final reinforcement plan!
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

Forum Rep : 45

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:28 am

This is my current plan on how to solve the frame reinforcement...

With this Method I would also get the Belt outta the trap with the steering wheel so belt changes would be way easier, I dont need to cut the fenders to fit the 22" Rear Tires, & the old frame just acts as a part where the body mounts to... I just need to extend the shifter linkage to get the shifter back into alignment, IMO a good solution!

WHAT DO YA THINK ABOUT IT???
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Expert
Expert
TheBeal

Forum Rep : 51

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Looks like a good plan. Now stop painting and get welding! haha
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:42 pm

@TheBeal wrote:
Looks like a good plan. Now stop painting and get welding! haha

need to clean the frame up, cut the Box steel, get welding magnet squares, ............ lots of work, Wo'nt do anything on it this weekend...
Back to top Go down
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice
mowerjunkie03

Forum Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:59 am

I just checked out this thread for the first time. Nice build plan stick with it! When you said 22×11×8 mudlites and quiet/loud mode exhaust I thought of Doc's Fugazi.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:15 pm

@mowerjunkie03 wrote:
I just checked out this thread for the first time. Nice build plan stick with it! When you said 22×11×8 mudlites and quiet/loud mode exhaust I thought of Doc's Fugazi.

Yah, it's kinda copy of his Widebody....

Just missing the Vanguard (I could easily throw in if I want )
But I will Not copy his Hood design, also not the Exhaust. havent decided yet how I want to run the Exhaust, but prolly goin for a short stack that has a connector somewhere in the lower area so I can pull the stack & slap a muffler on the flange...

Also goin for different Front tires I guess..

DANG IT! Need to get my ass outside to work on the damn frame!
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Apprentice
Apprentice
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Yea when some sort of offroad tire is on a mower and the stock turfs are still on the front it makes it look like junk no matter how well built it is.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:28 am

@Murraymountain wrote:
Yea when some sort of offroad tire is on a mower and the stock turfs are still on the front it makes it look like junk no matter how well built it is.

IDC about the look but U cant steer with 22" Ags in the rear & locked diff & turf slicks in front...
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 309

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:37 am

Lean hard....

Li'l Red Murray
Forum Admin ~ Chat Admin ~ Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Admins: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Mods: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
Double W Cross Ranch
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Double W Cross Ranch

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:55 am

It more has to do with front end weight than tires. If there was a 150 pound cast iron Kohler oppy up there, it'd be fine. If it was a 15 pound push mower engine, you'd have issues.
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
Murraymountain
Apprentice
Apprentice
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:22 pm

@SebastianAlbrecht wrote:
@Murraymountain wrote:

IDC about the look but U cant steer with 22" Ags in the rear & locked diff & turf slicks in front...

Yea I see what you mean.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:38 am

@MightyRaze wrote:
Lean hard....

Prolly gettin Ags or Knobbys for the front I guess rn

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
It more has to do with front end weight than tires.  If there was a 150 pound cast iron Kohler oppy up there, it'd be fine.  If it was a 15 pound push mower engine, you'd have issues.

Hope the OHV is heavy enough, but not too heavy since U need enough weight @ the rear to have good traction!

@Murraymountain wrote:
@SebastianAlbrecht wrote:
@Murraymountain wrote:

Yea I see what you mean.

Yeah LOL
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Apprentice
Apprentice
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:14 pm

The B&S OHV's are pretty darn heavy. I had trouble removing mine.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:48 pm

@Murraymountain wrote:
The B&S OHV's are pretty darn heavy. I had trouble removing mine.

My Back is slightly damaged, but I'm able to move these Engines around, even the 20HP Vanguard in my Storage.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Apprentice
Apprentice
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:16 pm

Well considering that I'm a few years younger than you, I'd say you got the edge on lifting motors.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:56 pm

@Murraymountain wrote:
Well considering that I'm a few years younger than you, I'd say you got the edge on lifting motors.

nah thats fully wrong, my whole body is built really weak, every1 in my age is stronger, ... I can barely lift them but its more than enough to move them few meters, & then I have a heavy breath LOL

I guess my health is Junk XD
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:15 am

Got some Goodies for it coming in the Mail Yesterday!

4 LED Backlights! Gonna use 2 of them on the Widebody, the other 2 on the AYP!

Need to pause this Project now, since the MTD has to be finished first!
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Apprentice
Apprentice
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:14 am

Should look pretty good. How bright are they?
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:21 pm

@Murraymountain wrote:
Should look pretty good. How bright are they?

Connected them to a 12V Battery in the bad lighted shop & they were a bit brighter than the Stock front Light bulbs so I guess they should do the Job that someone else can see U when U drive the Widebody in the dark.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 309

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:43 pm

Nice lights! They will look nice mounted up.

Li'l Red Murray
Forum Admin ~ Chat Admin ~ Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Admins: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Mods: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
Murraymountain
Apprentice
Apprentice
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:30 am

Cool! Ya see I'm too cheap for that so I use $4 Walmart trailer lights. That's why your lights will hold up longer than mine  lol! .
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:59 pm

@MightyRaze wrote:
Nice lights!  They will look nice mounted up.

THX

@Murraymountain wrote:
Cool! Ya see I'm too cheap for that so I use $4 Walmart trailer lights. That's why your lights will hold up longer than mine  lol! .

IDK H much these were... AFAIK 10$ for all 4 or so...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]    

Back to top Go down

SebastianAlbrecht's Murray Widebody Offroad + Trail Mower [2019 Build-Off Entry]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3