All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build

Go down 
+26
nathan wilson
Moose
the craftsman mudder
Krawler86
simplicity14twin
tractor_guy
Thecrazyoldcraftman
TheRainbowBoxer
truckin42
redlinemotorsportts
Doug
mudmonkey06
johndeeremad19
Ford Boi
Viking1980
welder1991
MSteele323
Thevinnieman92
indianaboy93
motorhead45102
arild365
Mississippi1313
Yamaharules163
Chunk
dangeroustoys56
Webmaster
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
indianaboy93

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 10:28 am

FearlessFront wrote:
bigbleuboy wrote:
any updates fearless? been watching your you tube and im so interested in what's happening now!!!

I should be doing an update today, even if it is a small one. I've been working on the bumpers for now. Theres some other stuff I gotta change around that I'm not looking foward to..

awesome!! we'll both have bumper updates today. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 5:22 pm

damn was planning on watching it today, sad face stupid time diffrence!
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 9:18 am

Time for a small update. I would have done this last weekend, but photobucket wouldn't let me sign in for some reason... Computers hate me.

As you can see, something was missing...

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 100_2786

So I started a front bumper...

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 100_2814

Mounting brackets...

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 100_2815

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 100_2817

Angle cut the ends...

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 100_2816

I think this is th strongest part of the whole tractor now.

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 100_2824

It looks crooked in that last pic, but the hoods not bolted all the way down. I stopped there on the bumper, I do plan on adding to it, but not quite sure what I want it to look like. (off topic, that red tractor in the backround is my grass cutter)

So I started to make an exaust.

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 100_2818

Almost done! This thin shit is hard to weld.

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 100_2823

Thats all for now, I haven't run it with the exaust like that yet. So I don't know if I'll need to lengthen it. It's about 14-16 inches long total. I need some ideas on the bumper, I'd like to do something cool and then another skidplate that runs from the bumper to the front axle.

Hopefully more tomorrow! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 9:22 am

well this blows my bumper out of the water! lol. nice job on it.
in the first pic i see a stack of tires in the background. the two meaty lookin ones on top, they for the craftsman?
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 9:58 am

wow great job on the other forum theyd thro you out for having sharp edges Razz i like it!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 2:07 pm

That really does look solid! Looks like you put a good bit of time and thinking into cutting all the metal so it would fit together like it does too. Nice job man. Cant wait to start work on mine!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 3:54 pm

indianaboy93: I like overkill! Those tires in the back WERE going to go onto the craftsman, but they weigh like 30lbs each. They might end up on the front of pauls green machine. That thing needs some weight in the front!

arild365: This whole tractor is going to get ground, sanded and painted when it's done. so no more sharp edges!

Chunk: I did spend alot of time on it! Lots of grinding! I'm glad I got that new grinder, you can see it laying in the dirt in one of those pics.... I take good care of my tools... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 5:08 pm

Well tools are for using! My tools always lay about on the ground. I try and make sure they dont stay there overnight in the garage, it gets damp.

btw, your Lawn Chief (or somehting similar) is pretty much what my ALKO used to be before I chopped it up. You'd never recognise it now. Espcaiily sporting its new MTD hood.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 7:17 am

Very cool! What if you have some brackets /hoop lean forward in the middle of the bumper?
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 8:47 am

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Very cool! What if you have some brackets /hoop lean forward in the middle of the bumper?

Thats kinda what I was thinking. I've got a piece of tube steel I could use, I just need to find someone to bed it for me. I don't have much luck with bending tube. I've heard you can pack wet sand in it, heat it up and bend it without kinking it, but it'll be too long to do that with.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 7:22 pm

Call a couple muffler shops around and see if they have a mandrel bender to bend it up for you.
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2010, 8:49 pm

looking good. i haven't done anything to my mower, its all stoped right now, my grandpa still hasn't gotten around to the piece i need for the trans axle Mad
I also have a job now so, once i start making some money, i may start being able to do things to it. Smile
And boy do i have crap ton of projects going on,
my riding mower, 6hp briggs needs new gas tank, 7hp briggs needs a belt, 3.5hp needs a new block, i need to get a new engine for the go kart, get brakes for the go kart, and possibly a new rear engine seal for my ryobi weedeater. finish putting the 5hp engine together. I hope i can get all this done before summer is over , cause starting september, im going to be in school for another 2 years, college. and i probably wont have time to do squat. well i probably will still have my weekends off.
ok well, keep on trucking with your rock crawler, looking pretty good, far more ahead than i am.
Back to top Go down
Thevinnieman92
Thevinnieman92

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 11:11 am

I have a question, could you make a sort of sub-frame on a stamped frame body for more durability?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 2:37 pm

Yepper- lawntractor racers use steel square tubing to strengthen stock chassis's - check out Chunk's Alko build- he made a whole new frame from angle and just bolted the body pieces to it.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 2:58 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Yepper- lawntractor racers use steel square tubing to strengthen stock chassis's - check out Chunk's Alko build- he made a whole new frame from angle and just bolted the body pieces to it.

Yup, stil want to strengthen it more, not that it needs it, but I like overkill! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 6:25 pm

lol where you been man!

we need updates!!!!! even little things!
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 9:32 am

Internet has been down for the last 2 days, plus I was out all weekend with friends, so not had much garage time. Did get my 125cc Mopded going again though, shitty chinese thing. I been off roading it alot, its taking a beating pretty bad already! But I paid £20 for it and only want it for the motor for my racing mower, so when the frame finally does fall apart, I'll pull the engine!
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 7:42 pm

bounce New Video up! bounce

Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 8:10 pm

Put a trailer hitch on the impala. that way you can still haul the tractors.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 9:41 pm

well its about time. lol jk, well i was really wondering whats been going on, well, can't wait till you get her done. Well the only thing i have done for a while now is, work, cut some grass, bought a new electric pressure washer, graduated high school, and ordered a new ryobi 4 cycle trimmer. and going to take some test at this collage im applying to. Im going to try to keep bugging my grandpa for the piece or try to have one made somewhere else if he can't get time to make it. I have the carb. overhaul kit for my 11hp mudder mower engine, next i need to get is the engine gasket set. weld up the exhaust, and weld the frame that i cut a couple months ago.lol. install the volt meter and finish hooking up the push button for the starter.
Back to top Go down
welder1991
welder1991

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 9:42 pm

Yeah if it is super charged it will haul tractors fine.LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.bedfordmowersports.webs.com
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 10:03 pm

MSTEELE: If I could put one on there without making it too obvious, I would do it. I would just need to buy a trailer.

motorhead45102: Sounds like you've been busy too! I hate it when I don't get time to work on my stuff. I feel like a slave to everyone else.

welder1991: It has alot more balls then my truck did!
Back to top Go down
welder1991
welder1991

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 10:12 pm

What truck did you have?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bedfordmowersports.webs.com
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 5:14 am

Nice to see a new update. Its annoying when you have to go back and change things. Worked out well though, cant wait to see it finished.

The new Impala is definatly sweet! Shame you cant get a tractor in the trunk though!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 6:26 am

The impala would be able to haul a trailer easily- y might need to make a custom hitch that doesnt look ugly.

My 6 cylender f150 hauls a fully loaded trailer with the box full fine- i made the 1,200 mile trip down south once ( talking mountains here) with no issues - was loaded to the hilt!

Only issue now is the lights - the harness plug/trailer wiring is all corroded on my truck - need to replace that before i can use the trailer again- dont want a ticket...

Just do like this guy did in the meantime:

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 It_was11

Last edited by dangeroustoys56 on June 2nd 2010, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 12:13 pm

aww whats wrong with a ticket? lol jk, well i never had a ticket but i only have been driving for almost a full year, full year would be in august or september idk i forget. but that is one way to haul a tractor home without a trailor, i would be able to do it alittle better cause i have a station wagon which has more room up top, but im going to see if i can't hook a hitch to my car cause, when i want to go mudding somewhere i have to go else where from where i live cause everyone where i live gets all bent out of shape seeing a person riding a modded tractor with performance muffler, and big wheels and so on. like last time i took my mudder out on a test run before i started to really work on her, i looked up and saw few people step out of their homes and stare at me like they were going to try to kill me for riding a mower in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next