All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build

Go down 
+26
nathan wilson
Moose
the craftsman mudder
Krawler86
simplicity14twin
tractor_guy
Thecrazyoldcraftman
TheRainbowBoxer
truckin42
redlinemotorsportts
Doug
mudmonkey06
johndeeremad19
Ford Boi
Viking1980
welder1991
MSteele323
Thevinnieman92
indianaboy93
motorhead45102
arild365
Mississippi1313
Yamaharules163
Chunk
dangeroustoys56
Webmaster
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
motorhead45102

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 12:13 pm

aww whats wrong with a ticket? lol jk, well i never had a ticket but i only have been driving for almost a full year, full year would be in august or september idk i forget. but that is one way to haul a tractor home without a trailor, i would be able to do it alittle better cause i have a station wagon which has more room up top, but im going to see if i can't hook a hitch to my car cause, when i want to go mudding somewhere i have to go else where from where i live cause everyone where i live gets all bent out of shape seeing a person riding a modded tractor with performance muffler, and big wheels and so on. like last time i took my mudder out on a test run before i started to really work on her, i looked up and saw few people step out of their homes and stare at me like they were going to try to kill me for riding a mower in the woods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 4:23 pm

christ you live in a scary neighbourhood! love to see there faces if we ALL turned up on our lawn mowers and spun round clown
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 4:38 pm

bigbleuboy wrote:
christ you live in a scary neighbourhood! love to see there faces if we ALL turned up on our lawn mowers and spun round clown

Haha! Yeah that would be halarious! Could imagine the angry mob (pitchforks and all!) chasing us down the road! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
welder1991
welder1991

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 6:16 pm

Don't forget the flaming torches.LMAO!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bedfordmowersports.webs.com
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 8:52 pm

well i living in a trailor park and this one guy was just staring me down like he saw a walking twinky , like he was just staring away and it kinda bothered me, and in the trailor park is a bunch of stupid narks, like this one guy was video taping me and my freinds when i was younger when i was pulling my friend on a mower deck with no motor behind my bike. I also scared the living SH!T out of everyone in the park that one day. me and my friend had an axe spray can in a grill that was flaming like crazy from gasoline and the can exploded, and my neighbor ran so fast out of her house that she left her head somewhere inside, never am i doing that again. i don't do that goofy dangerous stuff anymore, but i still try to have fun though.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 5:49 am

Thats how you learn whats dangerous and whats not. By doing these things when your younger. Love the comparison to a walking twinky! lol.

I still relaly wanna try one of those bad boys. You dont get em over here though!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 8:27 am

One time i took the murray for spin down our road - there happened to be a small group of people standing a couple blocks away on the side of the street- i hauled arse past em - they looked like " WTF was that?!" After a couple times they didnt look anymore ....like it was normal.

Other then the one officer that stopped me, any other trip down the street was non eventful , havent actually in a a few years since the murray is in pieces - i check this time first . Now soon theyre paving the road- im not sure what the police situation will be then...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 9:32 am

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
One time i took the murray for spin down our road - there happened to be a small group of people standing a couple blocks away on the side of the street- i hauled arse past em - they looked like " WTF was that?!" After a couple times they didnt look anymore ....like it was normal.

Other then the one officer that stopped me, any other trip down the street was non eventful , havent actually in a a few years since the murray is in pieces - i check this time first . Now soon theyre paving the road- im not sure what the police situation will be then...

Same here, a fast mower isn't even worth looking at to anyone in my hood.
I guess if you don't know much about them after seeing one they are just lawn mowers
to them. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 10:18 am

Got little time outside yesterday. Started to make some sort of battery holder. I wanted to put it under the seat, but I cant get it to fit, and still have access to everything. so I think I'm gonna hang it off the back and put a big-ass bumper around it to protect it.

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 100_2907

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 100_2908

Like that ^^^^

The start of the holder. It's going to be built out of 3/4" angle steel.... My favorite! drunken

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 100_2909

Welded in place...

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 100_2911

A little more bracing...

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 100_2914

Test fitting... (The stock battery cable still reaches alien )

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 100_2915

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 100_2916

That's where it stands now. It's amazing how long it takes to build the little stuff like this! Still have lots more to do on it before I call it done. It'll be one heavy duty battery holder.

I may also fab a small rear rack to carry some things and make it look more complete. Not sure yet though.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
welder1991
welder1991

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 10:25 am

Looks pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bedfordmowersports.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 11:05 am

Sweet, i'll have to do something like that to my one MTD that has the holder for the little stock $50 doller battery. Mad
cheers
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 11:18 am

Im still at a loss where to put mine. The winch is going on the rear, so I'll have to try squeezing a car battery under the hood. confused

looks good though, doesn't stick out too far. Once the fenders and ATV rack are put on, should look alot better Basketball
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 1:14 pm

roboman79 wrote:
Sweet, i'll have to do something like that to my one MTD that has the holder for the little stock $50 doller battery. Mad
cheers

$50 for a battery? holy crap! I wouldn't pay more then $25-$30! The one in those pics is dead. I'm just using it for a mock-up. I will have to buy one once shes all done.

Chunk, You SURE you need a big old car battery in there? The one on the murray works great! I've jumped a twin with it many times!
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 3:22 pm

Im not sure, but I love overkill. Im gonna be running a winch, and halogens lights. I might not need it all really. But I'd want to get a 300cca battery at least.

THinking about it, now I have a job, I can afford things like this. Think I might acuatlly get a nice lawn tractor battery.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 6:40 pm

Cant go wrong with a monster battery- ive killed too many small tractor batteries working on the ones ive dragged home.
Bigger also means more power for acessories as well.

Roboman79: My dad ( against my wishes) cut the battery hole larger in my white LT12 to fit a large battery i bot for the agway while i was up there - he chopped the hole big enough to slip the battery in and used a old computer case ( metal) bent up into a U ( with tabs) to hold the battery. he was tired of the lil motorcycel batteries dying constantly.

Ive mounted larger batteries on the hitch area of a couple MTD's of mine- on the ones with a bagger, it fits right in behind the frame of the bagger. My task force has a bent up piece of metal holding the battery on thats bolted to the back.
Back to top Go down
Viking1980
Viking1980

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 2:56 pm

this must be one off the TOP builds i have seen.. cant vait for the next vid..keep it upp Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 9:22 pm

I don't know how or why I haven't noticed this thread before, but this machine kicks ass!!!! Looks like you have very similar building methods as me lol. I gotta check out your vids as well now. (lazy me) Good job!
Back to top Go down
johndeeremad19
johndeeremad19

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2012, 4:57 am

cool! when will it be finished?
Back to top Go down
johndeeremad19
johndeeremad19

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2012, 5:04 am

i'm thinking of modding my Flymo LT12/36. it needs some chunky rear tires. it'll probably be similar to your craftsman rock crawler but without that hugely articulated front axle. where can i start?
Back to top Go down
johndeeremad19
johndeeremad19

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2012, 3:07 pm

FearlessFront wrote:
roboman79 wrote:
cheers

$50 for a battery? holy crap! I wouldn't pay more then $25-$30! The one in those pics is dead. I'm just using it for a mock-up. I will have to buy one once shes all done.

Chunk, You SURE you need a big old car battery in there? The one on the murray works great! I've jumped a twin with it many times!
i payed £40 for my Numax CTX Gold, but thats not the same as dollars
Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
mudmonkey06

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2013, 8:17 am

i have always wondered about the build of the craftsman crawler. i ciuldnt find any videos about it. now i can see it it made me hppy to find this
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2013, 9:16 am

mudmonkey06 wrote:
i have always wondered about the build of the craftsman crawler. i ciuldnt find any videos about it. now i can see it it made me hppy to find this

He has a few on it, look around his channel.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2013, 4:13 pm

just read the whole thread, and know i know how this thing was made! sweet. Razz Why isn't fearless active anymore?
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2013, 4:17 pm

redlinemotorsportts wrote:
just read the whole thread, and know i know how this thing was made! sweet. Razz Why isn't fearless active anymore?
It is sweet.
I think becaues he hast posted in a long time?
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2013, 4:23 pm

I think he said something about his Youtube account getting so busy, he doesn't have as much time for such things.

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2013, 5:32 pm

truckin42 wrote:
redlinemotorsportts wrote:
It is sweet.
I think becaues he hast posted in a long time?
Well durrrr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next