All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build

Go down 
+26
nathan wilson
Moose
the craftsman mudder
Krawler86
simplicity14twin
tractor_guy
Thecrazyoldcraftman
TheRainbowBoxer
truckin42
redlinemotorsportts
Doug
mudmonkey06
johndeeremad19
Ford Boi
Viking1980
welder1991
MSteele323
Thevinnieman92
indianaboy93
motorhead45102
arild365
Mississippi1313
Yamaharules163
Chunk
dangeroustoys56
Webmaster
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
motorhead45102

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 1:51 pm

man that sucks, the only camera i have that records SOUND is my cell phone, the cheap vivitar cameras don't record sound its just a pic cam. which is stupid. so don't get vivitar unless ya don't like sound.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 3:12 pm

Not to get off topic too much- i use an Aiptek HD handheld video camera ( small enough to put in my jeans pocket)- was like $90 at Target - best things about it is it uses a SD disc for extra storage AND i can take still pictures with it as well .

Ive had it around 3 years or so, makes pretty good videos - only issue lately is it seems the mic is too sensitive - loud noises make it crackle n almost screech .

Id definitly buy another one like it .
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 8:57 am

motorhead45102 wrote:
man that sucks, the only camera i have that records SOUND is my cell phone, the cheap vivitar cameras don't record sound its just a pic cam. which is stupid. so don't get vivitar unless ya don't like sound.

Yeah, I had a vivitar video camera, I used it twice and took it back... It did sound (poorly) but the worst part was the vid quality. It claimed it was HD, but it only recorded at 720p @ 20 frames per second. HD is usally 60 fps. It looked like a slide show of pictures when you would play it back. They're junk!

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Not to get off topic too much- i use an Aiptek HD handheld video camera ( small enough to put in my jeans pocket)- was like $90 at Target - best things about it is it uses a SD disc for extra storage AND i can take still pictures with it as well .

Ive had it around 3 years or so, makes pretty good videos - only issue lately is it seems the mic is too sensitive - loud noises make it crackle n almost screech .

Is that a digital camera or a camcorder? I might look into that one... I'll look it up on the target website when I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
Yamaharules163
Yamaharules163

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 9:14 am

FearlessFront wrote:
motorhead45102 wrote:

Yeah, I had a vivitar video camera, I used it twice and took it back... It did sound (poorly) but the worst part was the vid quality. It claimed it was HD, but it only recorded at 720p @ 20 frames per second. HD is usally 60 fps. It looked like a slide show of pictures when you would play it back. They're junk!

dangeroustoys56 wrote:

Is that a digital camera or a camcorder? I might look into that one... I'll look it up on the target website when I get a chance.
Get a Kodak ZI6. Thats what I use now, its a pocket camcorder. Can take 720p videos and saves to a sdcard. Although its not the best for movie maker editing because it saves in the wrong format, but i downloaded a awesome video converter!
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 7:29 pm

hey fearless any luck with some cameras?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 7:50 pm

Yeah its digital - i like the dual purpose of it- so i dont have to drag two cameras around . It was a good deal at the time and its still a good camera.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 4:31 pm

No, no luck on the camera... Looking a the kodak playsport 5.0. It's waterproof which sounds like a good thinfor me to have. I did however get a new grinder. It's a Hitachi 4". It came with a case and 5 wheels. It was a damn good deal for $40. The wheels alone are around $5 each. NONE of the other grinders came with a case.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 5:19 pm

*** UPDATE***

Finally, got some shop time, not alot, but something! Cool

Decided not to weld the hubs to the axles. Instead, I welded the hubs to the honda wheels, and I'll use the keyway as a fuse point. So, Hopfully, that would break before I blow the trans. If it did blow it's not a big deal, I have another foote, and a peerless that could got into it's place...

Anyway, on with the pics!

The wheel, with the hub welded on...

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 100_2769

The tire size is 155/80/13 The smallest I could find.

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 100_2770

I got it perfectly centered and straight... If I could take a vid, I would show you! lol!

Mounted...
(Kinda funny looking, I know!)

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 100_2771

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 100_2773

Put a block of wood under the rear tire to level it out a bit.

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 100_2774

So that is one side done. It should hold up well, only the test of time will tell bounce

So, I didn't feel like doing the other side because it took me so long to get that one centered and welded, I decided to mess around with some other stuff...So In my quest to find a home for a battery, I decided to try to jam it back under the seat..

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 100_2776

Gotta raise the seat up a tad to get it to clear though. Razz

So I finished the day out by trimming the front hood so it clears the suspention and tires.

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 100_2778

Hood all done!

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 100_2779

Did somebody say GROUND CLEARANCE?! lol!
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 6:50 pm

wow soooooo jelous Razz Great job. I think you should find a plastic case like a flower pot to put the battery in to keep it save. they cost alot!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2010, 12:50 pm

It's looks good. The rear fenders will help hide the gap between the wheels and the chassis. It should be awesome now!
Glad you found a place for a battery, Im still lost about mine!
Those wheels look great on there now. Cant wait until more
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Yamaharules163
Yamaharules163

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2010, 12:52 pm

i hope you get different tread on those tires! But anyways, the deadliest mower out there
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2010, 5:26 pm

Chunk wrote:
It's looks good. The rear fenders will help hide the gap between the wheels and the chassis. It should be awesome now!
Glad you found a place for a battery, Im still lost about mine!
Those wheels look great on there now. Cant wait until more

I was thinking that too, I messed around with the fenders a bit, but not too much. I think the wheels look a little funny, I wish they were a little shorter and a tiny bit wider. If it handles these tires well, then I'll opt for something more aggresive. But if the trans lets go, then I'll have to step it down a tad.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2010, 6:02 pm

Dang- thats pretty cool looking - i bet some large AG wheels would look sharp on there - Id see about some large GT tires - ill look up n see what size mine are.

Its comming along pretty good- lil bit more work n itll be ready to rock n roll.
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2010, 9:59 pm

no fair Mad i wanna get mine done so i can ride but its best to take time and not rush. all i need to really do some mods iS MY OWN WELDER THAT I CAN USE ANYTIME AND A GRINDER, AND FLAT STOCK OF VARIETY OF SIZES AND TUBE METAL AS WELL AND I CAN GET SOME STUFF DONE. the only thing closest to a grinder i have is a dremel it would work if i can find a good size disc that wont burn up in 20 sec. but the dremel is nice for those hard to reach places.
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2010, 10:00 pm

oh and forgot, your beast is looking great
i wish i could come up were you live cause you have AWSOME TRAILS, but i know where some good places are in ohio.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Craftsman rock clawler   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2010, 12:47 am

Man i was giggling like a little girl when i saw them pics, that thing is the best off road mower i ever seen. afro

Can't wait to see a vid of it going off road. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 9:27 pm

Yamaharules163 wrote:
FearlessFront wrote:
motorhead45102 wrote:

dangeroustoys56 wrote:

Get a Kodak ZI6. Thats what I use now, its a pocket camcorder. Can take 720p videos and saves to a sdcard. Although its not the best for movie maker editing because it saves in the wrong format, but i downloaded a awesome video converter!
+1 for the Zi6, It recording to a SD card is really convenient because you can just pop it out and plug it into the computer. Editing is a bit of a pain in the ass tho lol.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 5:50 am

It definatly is an awesome project, and as I just mentioned on youtube, I cant hoently wait to see it muddin!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 8:25 am

Memphis : Thats why i like my vid camera- cause of the SD card - my folks have one with both a CD and SD- its just so much easier to use the SD card.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 5:01 pm

any updates fearless? been watching your you tube and im so interested in what's happening now!!!
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 8:57 am

bigbleuboy wrote:
any updates fearless? been watching your you tube and im so interested in what's happening now!!!

I should be doing an update today, even if it is a small one. I've been working on the bumpers for now. Theres some other stuff I gotta change around that I'm not looking foward to..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 9:02 am

i will await that moment with bated breath!!
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 9:04 am

bigbleuboy wrote:
i will await that moment with bated breath!!

Oh god! I hate that comercial!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 9:05 am

theres a comercial with that in it?

remember im in scotland
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 9:07 am

Yeah, I can't find it, But i hear it on the radio, it's for a hambuger or something...
Back to top Go down
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 10:28 am

FearlessFront wrote:
bigbleuboy wrote:

I should be doing an update today, even if it is a small one. I've been working on the bumpers for now. Theres some other stuff I gotta change around that I'm not looking foward to..

awesome!! we'll both have bumper updates today. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build   Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Craftsman Rock-Crawler build
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next