All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!

Murraymountain's Mountain Murray

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert

Murraymountain's Mountain Murray - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Mountain Murray   Murraymountain's Mountain Murray - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 6:11 pm

so go ahead and post it. right.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 437

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Mountain Murray   Murraymountain's Mountain Murray - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 6:14 pm

Yep!

SuperADMINS:
Admins:
Mods:
@Doug; @MightyRaze   
@"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875   
@AllisKidD21, @TheRainbowBoxer

ATLTF Facebook ~ How To Upload Pictures
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 41

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Mountain Murray   Murraymountain's Mountain Murray - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Alrighty! New thread
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 41

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Mountain Murray   Murraymountain's Mountain Murray - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 7:34 pm

......Man, pretty dirty in here. Think I just saw rat go by (talking about the thread, lol.), anyway, the MM has been performing... Uuhh, um, kind of, decent. Getting a few reoccurring gremlins like randomly throwing the belt (happened again tonight. Luckily not in the creek while I had my good (not waterproof) boots on.), and electrical connectors coming undone. Gonna have to buy a crimper. Anyway, I'm not satisfied with the double pulley clutch, so when I take the body off to reinforce the frame, I'm gonna go back to a single pulley. No matter what I do it seems the belt wants to come off, and if it comes off on a single pulley, well, it's a whole lot easier to put it back on. Anyway, I'm gonna do a list of what I like and don't like...

I do like:
-The mud flaps... Did it on my first build and it worked flawless. GREAT idea Doc.
-The rack... Has already come in handy many times. Spent a whole day with a 7 year old on the back just driving around and refilling it with gas. I love it.
-The gas pedal... This is my first build with a gas pedal and I gotta say, it sure makes shifting a whole lot easier.
-The locker... This is also my first locker. Love how it almost never gets stuck. Can't wait for real tires!
-The lights... Being able to see 360 degrees is always a must for me, so.

I don't like:
-The hand brake... It's right in the way of my knee. I haven't accidentally kicked it on yet, but it's just annoying. Also, it's hard to press the clutch, hold the steering wheel, shifter, and brake at the same time...
-The tires... The tires suck. Don't get me wrong, they make sliding as easy as eating Cheetos (because I'm eating them right now), but they are literally bald. NO traction whatsoever.
-The new clutch... The new clutch worked out better on the red Murray. It's just not what this machine needs.

Now, since the time the BO thread was locked, I've managed to roll it on a gravel road while doing donuts... Yeah, I pulled a Richie. No damage though. Just a rough spot on the steering wheel and front corner of the hood.

As for the engine and tranny, well, I gave up on those. Just gonna run 'em til they blow. The trans leaks like crazy, I stripped 2 bolts in the case (which are right beside each other not allowing the cases to seal.), the input needle bearings are gone now, (should've greased it before I put it in.), I just don't care. I have another set if cases. The engine is very shot. It makes this machine the ultimate worst point A to B and work vehicle. On about 3rd startup of the day it won't start. It just sits there as if it needed gas, so I choke it, and it floods. Makes no sense to me. Also, with the broken compression release, the pull start is useless. It's killing the solenoid and starter too. Constantly having to recharge the battery. Hope I can make everything last till Haspin. The front end is already starting to die... I'm thinking it's wheel bushings.

Anyway, it still works okay, just gotta work out some bugs.

Murraymountain's Mountain Murray - Page 2 P1140022
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Mountain Murray   Murraymountain's Mountain Murray - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murraymountain's Mountain Murray
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Off Road & Rally Tractors-
Jump to: