All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!

Mountain Murray 2.0

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert

Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Murray 2.0   Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:33 pm

Well, I gotta say, now is not the time to mess with 'er. I should have left it alone until I can completely focus on this project. I have to finish the Beater Murray, get a decent welder AND learn how to use it, school starts in 2 weeks, I've still got tractors from this mowing season to get fixed up and be rid of, the Scat Rat is coming with a new year and that's creeping up fast, I'm looking at ANOTHER project not even related to this stuff, And to top it all off, the MM needs to be finished ASAP.

So, as much as I hate to, I'm gonna have to put this one aside for now. At least until the build off is over.... I already miss it.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 42

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Murray 2.0   Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 7:53 pm

Well, the MM20 has found it's parking spot for the year... Sad

Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 P1110726
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Murray 2.0   Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Well, to make a little space and to keep the pressure of building it off of me (and to see it again lol! ), I decided to piece 'er back together! It won't drive since it has no clutch and a cut front axle, but at least I can hear her run again! I did do some things I've been wanting to do since it was apart... Cut the unnecessary lip off the engine plate, and I opened up the space under the engine where the pulley goes a little more. Also cleaned up the wiring by deleting the safeties. Anyway, I expect to hear her run tonight!

Starting to look like something...

Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 P1120151

Starting to look like my baby again! LOL.

Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 P1120150

Nope, this is not the new stance.  Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 2664539216

Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 P1120152

I'm going to revive this build as specifically a RALLY build. Not an offroad/rally build, a full on go fast through the woods and creeks like Grind Hard Plumbing Co rally build. I will be lowering the original stance a little bit... Don't wanna roll going around a corner really fast. I'd like a top speed of about 40MPH so I can give my cousins a run for their money on their ATV's. May do a different suspension setup on this one. The Mountain Murray will have this setup, but I doubt this one will.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Murray 2.0   Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 9:41 pm

The electricals are installed...

Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 P1120159
Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 P1120158

Tomorrow I get to put the engine on.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Murray 2.0   Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2019 7:28 pm

Engine is on! No fuel lines so I couldn't run it long, but it runs! Haven't decided if I want to park it yet.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Expert
Expert
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Murray 2.0   Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 4:35 pm

So, we were at the junkyard today trying to find an 820 bearing for my brother's machine, and he didn't have any, so, for $25, we picked up a Peerless 820 to take the bearing out of. Anyway, already pulled the bearing and sealed up my brother's tranny, and now we just need to get the rusted wheel off, piece it back together and throw it under the Murray. This tranny IS going to go in THIS machine. I just decided this week to get an 820 for it, and whataya know... It's already here...

Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 P1140012

It's getting exciting over here guys... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Murray 2.0   Mountain Murray 2.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mountain Murray 2.0
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Off Road & Rally Tractors-
Jump to: