All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems Empty
PostSubject: EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems   EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2019, 1:26 pm

So, back when the field flooded, our electric golf cart locked up after driving it in some puddles (I didn't do it! LOL.). We replaced the batteries about a year ago, the solenoid about 7 or 8 months ago, and cleaned the brake last year. Every time we wash the batteries or they get wet the machine locks up, tow mode doesn't work, and when we connect cables 1 and 3, 75% of the time the brake won't let go. So first, we think we have a bad brake. And 2nd, now it won't go at all. When the gas pedal is returning it still clicks when it gets back to the top. And sometimes, when we press it, it releases the brake as if it's about to go, and then the brake immediately engages again. Everything looks to be working fine except these 2 things. @prancstaman, @Dustin M., anyone who knows their way around electronics, can I get some help here?
Back to top Go down
fatboy_dan
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems   EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2019, 3:43 pm

a little more info about the cart? year? model? I may be able to help
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems   EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2019, 8:53 pm

I never worked on a golf cart before, sorry. But I got a couple ideas though. I would look into the brake staying engaged. Check the mechanics of it. It probably is spring loaded to be engaged when no power is to it, like when the go pedal is not pressed and if the power is off. When you push the go pedal then a solenoid pulls the brake off to be able to move. Then I would assume that there is a switch the brake hits when not engaged to allow power to go to the motor. This setup would be considered a safety thing. I would be guessing though. You can always follow the power, start from the batteries using a multimeter and probing forward. I can't see that a golf cart would have a circuit board in it anywhere other then the go pedal and that probably would be on a newer one. Probing the thing would allow you to learn the inner workings and give you a better mental picture of the setup. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems   EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2019, 1:07 pm

@fatboy_dan All I know is that it's a 2014.

Thanks for the info guys, but this machine is very unpredictable, and we actually took it shop yesterday. You know what happened? When it got to the shop, whataya know, it's workin' fine. No codes, nothin'. He told us whenever it does this, (because it will definitely do it again) change the solenoid. We use this thing for everything we shouldn't, so we deserve this LOL. Thanks again guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems   EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EZGO Electric Golf Cart Problems
Page 1 of 1