All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

Talk About Cars Thread Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerTalk About Cars Thread Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
Haspin Acres Rally 2019 June 5th - 9th... Join this growing event! Details Here!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

Talk About Cars Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Murraymountain
Skilled
Skilled
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 15

Talk About Cars Thread Empty
PostSubject: Talk About Cars Thread   Talk About Cars Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 5:25 pm

The name pretty much explains itself, if you want to talk about cars or shows or whatever, here you are. I'll go first...

So we went to the Andrews Cruise Night yesterday. It goes from 10 to 10, but not many show up till around 3 or 4. We brought the Eagle and got the first spot in our row. Then went on the cruise and watched the burnouts. It's apparently the one of the biggest car shows in the area. Here's some of the turnout...

This was my favorite. And it has the exact side pipes I'll be putting on the Murray!
Talk About Cars Thread P1100928

This is one of our friends. I think he's on his 3rd or 4th engine. Or is it the 5th? I dunno. But he's got 1 or 2 more spare engines sittin' around so he'll be on his 5th or 6th here real soon LOL!
Talk About Cars Thread P1100929

Talk About Cars Thread P1100930
Talk About Cars Thread P1100931
Talk About Cars Thread P1100932
Talk About Cars Thread P1100933
Talk About Cars Thread P1100936
Talk About Cars Thread P1100934

Another one of my favorites. Notice that awesome blower under the hood?...
Talk About Cars Thread P1100935

This one had some real good patina.
Talk About Cars Thread P1100939
Talk About Cars Thread P1100938
Talk About Cars Thread P1100937

I really liked this Mustang...
Talk About Cars Thread P1100941

And our Eagle...
Talk About Cars Thread P1100942
Talk About Cars Thread P1100940

Then the 30min Cruise...
Talk About Cars Thread P1100944
Talk About Cars Thread P1100943

And then the burnouts. The 2000's Mustangs and the like just plain sucked. A Grand Marque, base model F-250, and our Eagle did better burnouts than the newer muscle cars. But the older ones killed it last night. Not too many pics because I was mostly videoing it.

Talk About Cars Thread P1110010
Talk About Cars Thread P1110012
Talk About Cars Thread P1110011
Talk About Cars Thread P1110013

And for the rest of the midnight hours, the whole town was covered in a thick fog... The end. LOL.

Last edited by Murraymountain on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Expert
Expert
TheBeal

Forum Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Talk About Cars Thread   Talk About Cars Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 6:08 pm

I may be acquiring a truck that is nearly show worthy. That will certainly be one of the goals.

Its got a big block!
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 186

PostSubject: Re: Talk About Cars Thread   Talk About Cars Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 7:01 pm

That first one is a Ford Econoline truck, I've always liked those a lot!

That '54 Chevy 3100 is cool, those are kinda rare I believe. Only year for that style.

You say that '79 F100 had a blower on the engine? Kinda hard to tell, it just looks like a carb with a scoop on it. Either way, pretty cool truck!

Me and my Papa went to a local show yesterday. Some beautiful cars there, a whole lot of Mopar stuff. Got a picture of this cool slant 6 in a Valiant:

Talk About Cars Thread 20190555

My favorite was a '66 bubble-back Barracuda with the 273 Commando and a 4-speed. White with red stripes and white wheels with red centre caps. It was a real beauty!

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
        - John Deere 110 Basic Off-Road Build
        - Allis B-110, Case 444, WH 655, Bolens Versamatic -
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Expert
Expert
prancstaman

Forum Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Talk About Cars Thread   Talk About Cars Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Wow, a Valiant with a slant 6, that brings back some horrid memories, LOL. Car shows are a job thing with what I do, I'll see if I can come up with some pics for this topic, but haven't been to a car show in ages though. Kinda boring when you have to go yourself. I think I can come up with some links for this topic though, the shops that do the custom parts usually have their own car builds and call up where I work for tech advise. I surely would have a cool story that goes with the link, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Skilled
Skilled
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Talk About Cars Thread   Talk About Cars Thread Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 10:32 am

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
You say that '79 F100 had a blower on the engine? Kinda hard to tell, it just looks like a carb with a scoop on it. Either way, pretty cool truck!

Yeah it's not exactly a blower, but it's not exactly a scoop. Either way it's pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Skilled
Skilled
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Talk About Cars Thread   Talk About Cars Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 10:01 pm

I think it's a 74 Nova. 4 doors. Been fixed up real nice. Saw it at the post office the other day.

Talk About Cars Thread P1110021
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Skilled
Skilled
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Talk About Cars Thread   Talk About Cars Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 11:32 am

Went through an old memory card and found a bunch of nice photos...

This one sat in our old neighborhood for 16 years and apparently fired up. If i can only get my hands on this one...

Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0010

This guy had some nice cars. Funny story about this Mustang, the guy tells us not to touch it and then turns around and says "That draver door laags so when yuns shut it, make sure ya pull it up." Huh...?
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0211

Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0210

This is the guy we bought the Eagle from. I think he had 30 + cars. Unfortunately, 85% of these cars got scrapped...
This one survived. It had a 429 big block in it, leather interior, a 1969 Ford XL. Not Galaxie XL, an XL. Just under 6000 were made. We almost bought this one, but someone beat us to it.
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0314

This one probably died.
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0315

This one made it.
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0313

These Cougars probably died (most of these cars worked, but some stupid collage kids came and sabotaged most of them. Including these Cougars).
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0316
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0317

These all survived. The Mustang's new owner blew that V8 up in under a month. Too much power it was. LOL!
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0320
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0318
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0319
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0321
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0322

All these most likely died by the crusher sadly.
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0325
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0323
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0324
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0327
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0328
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0326
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0330
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0329
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0331
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0332
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0333

This one is pretty much a rusted rolling chassis. The only one that did need to be scrapped. Figures that it's the only one he's got left.
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0334
All but the Mustang made it in this pic.
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0336
Not sure what happened to this guy. Either way it's just an old truck.
Talk About Cars Thread Dscf0335

I figure that's enough for today. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk About Cars Thread   Talk About Cars Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk About Cars Thread
Page 1 of 1