All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!

last minute idea ! woods trailer.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
diddie
Apprentice
Apprentice
diddie

Forum Rep : 17

last minute idea ! woods trailer. Empty
PostSubject: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 9:16 pm

I was scraping out a Cub Cadet Z force today and the more i striped it the more it started looking like a vision i've had to build a dual axle wood hauling woods trailer ! so my plan to clean up the work shop turned into the first stage of this build. heres a few pics of todays progresslast minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190621
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190620
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190622
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Expert
Expert
prancstaman

Forum Rep : 74

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 1:33 pm

The last minute ideas are usually the best ideas, LOL.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 80

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 4:30 pm

That'll be cool to see done. A dual axle trailer would look pretty heavy duty.
Back to top Go down
Destructive
Apprentice
Apprentice
Destructive

Forum Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 3:30 pm

Looking forward to seeing this one and where it goes!

Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 3:57 pm

You could mount both axles on a simple pivot so the wheels are always on the ground. Wouldn't have to have springs or anything. Just some sort of triangle sort of structure. Only thing with that is it would add weight. Also would add a bit of complexity to the build.
Back to top Go down
diddie
Apprentice
Apprentice
diddie

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 10:19 pm

@mr.modified wrote:
You could mount both axles on a simple pivot so the wheels are always on the ground. Wouldn't have to have springs or anything. Just some sort of triangle sort of structure. Only thing with that is it would add weight. Also would add a bit of complexity to the build.
was planning on a ridged mount but i like the way you're thinking. Been trying to get back on this project but have been pulled into too many different directions lately ! hopefully will get some progress this week.
Back to top Go down
diddie
Apprentice
Apprentice
diddie

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Had to gather up some supplies to get back to this project so i could move on. And thanks to Mr. Modified i will have independently pivoting axles. Keep in mind it is upside down in the pics. I am happy with the progress but i need to get my A$$ in gear as i need to cut and haul a mess of firewood out of the woods before cold weather sets in. (funny i'm talking about cold weather when it's going to be in the 90s the next few days here in Indiana ! ) but it wont be long before it flips the switch.
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190811
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190810
Back to top Go down
diddie
Apprentice
Apprentice
diddie

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm

making a bit of headway still need to do some reinforcements but was excited to see it on the ground. hopefully i'll get that done and the floor in this weekend and then move on to the sides. it's getting to crunch time i already have three trees cut up and ready to haul out of the woods and this is the only way it's coming out !

last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190912
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190911
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190910
Back to top Go down
diddie
Apprentice
Apprentice
diddie

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 9:32 pm

got a little more done tonight bracing for the independent axles so when turning the pressure wont be on the bearings but on the center of the axle where i have collars that have grease zerts.
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190915
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190913
this last pic shows the support bracket for the axle three more like this will support the front and rear as you see here.
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190914
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 213

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 9:35 pm

Great work so far! Should be pretty cool to see it in action when it's done!

- Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
       - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
       - John Deere 110 Basic Off-Road Build
       - Allis B-110, 710 & 716 - Wheel Horse 655 - Case 444 - Bolens Versamatic - Cub Cadet 106  - Jacobsen YT 14 -
Back to top Go down
mrgrtt123
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 9:47 pm

I am excited to see the outcome, have fun and stay productive.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 10:22 pm

Looking good! The pivot setup should work pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
diddie
Apprentice
Apprentice
diddie

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 10:32 pm

I've got everything welded up and finally got to lay some paint and got the floor in. been working on the hitch the last couple nights going with a ball mount hitch so it has plenty of articulation in any direction i'll get some pics of that when i get it wrapped up.
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190917
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190918
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20190916
Back to top Go down
diddie
Apprentice
Apprentice
diddie

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:54 pm

well no sides yet but that's gonna have to wait as i need to do some hauling ! here's a couple pics and it works well. i'll be taking it to the woods to haul some firewood this sat. i'll get some picks loaded and hauling than.last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20191012
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20191011
last minute idea ! woods trailer. 20191010
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 1:24 am

That turned out pretty nice. The dual wheels are cool looking, you don't see that too often.
Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Veteran
Veteran
Creepycrawler

Forum Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 8:00 am

Nice job on the trailer man, turned out great, love the bogey axle setup
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 413

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 10:20 am

Awesome looking build  Excellent job on the axles.

Li'l Red Murray
Li'l Red 2.0

last minute idea ! woods trailer. Admins10
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
diddie
Apprentice
Apprentice
diddie

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 pm

Thanks Guys ! i am real happy with how it turned out. i love looking behind me and seeing how well it works. Thanks to mr.modifieds Suggestion that pushed me to make the axles pivot.
Been doing some hauling around the house the last couple evenings, but taking it to the woods this weekend for some real punishment ! lol we'll see how she holds up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: last minute idea ! woods trailer.   last minute idea ! woods trailer. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

last minute idea ! woods trailer.
Page 1 of 1