All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

The Scat Rat Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerThe Scat Rat Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

The Scat Rat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Murraymountain
Veteran
Veteran
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 20

The Scat Rat Empty
PostSubject: The Scat Rat   The Scat Rat Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 5:34 pm

I am not building this yet, but, I think it can be another possibility for the 2020 Build Off.

The Scat Rat P1110219

All it is right now is a Ford hood, and a GT6000 body and floorboards. I'll be collecting parts all year and until the build starts. Why "Scat Rat"? Because this is a rat rod that better have some "scat" factor to it. This build won't be finished until it does burnouts and donuts on pavement. Plans...

-No paint, and uncover ALL the rust I can find on the GT6000 parts to go better with that hood.

-Either a 12 horse Briggs Flathead or an Oppy. I want torque and HP.

-No idea on a tranny, probably whatever I can get my hands on.

-Lower the stance.

-Hoping for a higher speed, at least 35MPH.

-Drag tires.

-And a bunch of stupid rat rod stuff like modified steering wheel, small uncomfortable seat, maybe even skirt blower exhaust.

This build is an I Don't Care, I'll Do What I Want street build.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
RichieRichOverdrive

Forum Rep : 82

The Scat Rat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scat Rat   The Scat Rat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 1:05 am

How's this one going? Do you have a frame?
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran
Veteran
Murraymountain

The Scat Rat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scat Rat   The Scat Rat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 11:09 am

I still only have what you see in the pic. That stripped down JD deck you see in the background, everything in the pic is sitting behind it in the weeds getting the body rusty as I collect parts lol. Whenever I see something that catches my eye at the scrapyard or the junkyard, I'll just pick it out and throw it back there with the rest of the parts.

I am going to the junkyard today actually and maybe the scrapyard so I'll have my eye out for a frame.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 369

The Scat Rat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scat Rat   The Scat Rat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 11:46 am

Not sure of the tools you may have, but you could build a frame?

Bah... what am I thinking.  With the price of metal, salvaging a frame would be cheaper!  The Scat Rat 2731072446

Li'l Red Murray
Li'l Red 2.0

The Scat Rat Admins10
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com Online
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
RichieRichOverdrive

Forum Rep : 82

The Scat Rat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scat Rat   The Scat Rat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 11:49 am

I mean you *could* do it bolt together, better to weld it though.

I wish i had the half motivation you guys do, I've the tooling to do about anything i want lol.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran
Veteran
Murraymountain

The Scat Rat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scat Rat   The Scat Rat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 12:00 pm

I'd LOVE to build a frame for it, but without a welder, it's just too much work. I mean my Murray's frame is complete, so when I strip it down I'm gonna get it welded. But I can't have someone else build one from scratch and then pay them, it'd be too much.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran
Veteran
Murraymountain

The Scat Rat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scat Rat   The Scat Rat Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:41 pm

So, still no parts, but I'm still hoping to find an LT1000  to part out. That'd give this one some well needed parts. But anyway, I think I've come to a decision on the motor and trans. I, 'think', Ima go for a V-Twin. 20 HP and up. Trans is most likely gonna be the Peerless 820 of course. I just think it'll handle better on the road and constantly shifting gears. But, like always, I don't have the parts yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Scat Rat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scat Rat   The Scat Rat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Scat Rat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Rat Rod, Hybrid, and Unique Tractors-
Jump to: