All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends in two months! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

My Weedeater tractor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
muddawg96
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: My Weedeater tractor   Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums and I am working on a weedeater tractor with a 18 hp Twin briggs. The mods ive done already are putting on a gas pedal, and swapping the rear pulley to a 4 inch. I'll post pics up tomorrow. I was just wondering what you guys would suggest me doing to it to make it better.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Sponsor
Sponsor

Forum Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: My Weedeater tractor   Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:05 pm

look at feerlessfronts videos and build on here and arlid365 both have good trail quality mowers, if you want some hardcore mud mowers look at my lifted tractor videos and i can help with anything, i know what works in mud and what doesnt
Back to top Go down
muddawg96
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: My Weedeater tractor   Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 am

Thanks! Ive looked at fearlesses videos, and learned alot. I learned how to make the gas pedal and do the pulley swap from him. Im trying to determine what I should do next. Im thinking bigger rear tires, and put the old rear wheels/tires on the front. What else should I do?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: My Weedeater tractor   Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Really depends where youre going/what terrain youll be going thru - id suggest a rack or offroad trailer ( for extra parts/gas cans/cooler) - possibly a winch .

Possible lifting ? Making it 4 wheel drive ( using a noma 4 wheel steering transmission)?

I had a ton of fun with my stock 10HP agway ( murray) - had plenty of power- stock rear tires didnt do well in thick mud tho- i added rear tires on the front, slight pulley swap ( slight speed increase) - planning on adding a rear rack and mounting my winch - i wanna see how itll do against my nephew's ATV - stage two will be a 4x4 setup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Weedeater tractor   

Back to top Go down

My Weedeater tractor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1