All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Wife got me a john deere

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AllisKidD21

5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts!
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
1st Place Build-Off 2019
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2019

Wife got me a john deere  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife got me a john deere    Wife got me a john deere  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2019, 9:39 pm

Anything can be broken. I saw guy on GTTalk break his 2300 in a Gilson with a FEL. Sheared an axle shaft and broke the axle housing I believe.

A shift fork issue like Mighty mentioned is probably a good first place to check out. Also check if the pulley spins nicely in neutral.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Wife got me a john deere    Wife got me a john deere  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2019, 9:50 pm

AllisKidD21 wrote:
Anything can be broken. I saw guy on GTTalk break his 2300 in a Gilson with a FEL. Sheared an axle shaft and broke the axle housing I believe.

Well of course. I've seen the same thing on an MTD 960 on Facebook. But the 2300s are pretty tough trannys, and tons of people run them without breaking them.
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
Kyracer13

PostSubject: Re: Wife got me a john deere    Wife got me a john deere  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2019, 10:03 pm

I'll check the pully tomorrow I know rear was seased up when we first try to move it since then I got it moving eazyer shifter would not move after rocking it shacking the shifter it move I order a electronic ignition for it today I'll have to fine the belt size for the drive line going Saturday back to the old lady's house to look around to see If I can find the gas tank i try to start it today but I'm guessing the points was mested up wasn't getting any spark but motor had so much conpession the exhaust was blowing dust on the ground so I'm pretty sure the Kohler will run again
Back to top Go down
Kyracer13

PostSubject: Re: Wife got me a john deere    Wife got me a john deere  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2019, 1:19 am

Well got bored and painted one of the rims someone had painted then before because front tire had some paint on them I got most of it off but have to do till i get tires but plus side wheel had verry new bering Wife got me a john deere  - Page 2 20190716
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Wife got me a john deere    Wife got me a john deere  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2019, 8:17 am

Kyracer13 wrote:
I'll check the pully tomorrow I know rear was seased up when we first try to move it since then I got it moving eazyer shifter would not move after rocking it shacking the shifter it move I order a electronic ignition for it today I'll have to fine the belt size for the drive line going Saturday back to the old lady's house to look around to see If I can find the gas tank i try to start it today but I'm guessing the points was mested up wasn't getting any spark but motor had so much conpession the exhaust was blowing dust on the ground so I'm pretty sure the Kohler will run again

Phew... that was a read without punctuation.  Took me a few tries. affraid

Wife got me a john deere  - Page 2 Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Wife got me a john deere  - Page 2 Sig214Wife got me a john deere  - Page 2 Sig314
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wife got me a john deere    Wife got me a john deere  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wife got me a john deere
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2