All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

john deere 216 questions

Go down 
+2
Double W Cross Ranch
darkside0914
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AllisKidD21

5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts!
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
1st Place Build-Off 2019
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2019

deere - john deere 216 questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: john deere 216 questions   deere - john deere 216 questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2019, 9:16 pm

Cool Snapper! It looks like it has the 6-speed with dual ranges, I always thought that was pretty neat, I don't much about those friction drive setups though.

Nice horizontal Briggs too!
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Established Member
darkside0914
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2020 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2020 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

deere - john deere 216 questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: john deere 216 questions   deere - john deere 216 questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2019, 10:33 pm

it runs great, put out a little puff od smoke when we 1st started it, but that cleared up almost immediatly, the older guy we traded to had it stored and he drained the gas before he parked it which saved us having to do anything to the engine itself, it does need a starter solenoid and 1 new front tire and tubes put in the other front and the right rear, it does have the 6 sp dual range, i think the chain inside the gear case may be stretched, it sounds like it's jumping teeth when you go above 3rd, or it could be the hexagonal shaft it rides on is worn out in the higher gears, we'll have to pull back the cover and take a look, it does fine in the 1st 3 gears though
Back to top Go down

john deere 216 questions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2