All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

Pulley and rope pull start how to Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerPulley and rope pull start how to Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!

Pulley and rope pull start how to

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Austin_Gore
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

Pulley and rope pull start how to Empty
PostSubject: Pulley and rope pull start how to   Pulley and rope pull start how to Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 1:29 pm

It pretty much explains what im sayin in the title but how do you do the pulley and rope starter
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 400

PostSubject: Re: Pulley and rope pull start how to   Pulley and rope pull start how to Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 1:55 pm

Li'l Red Murray
Li'l Red 2.0

Pulley and rope pull start how to Admins10
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 67

PostSubject: Re: Pulley and rope pull start how to   Pulley and rope pull start how to Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 5:13 pm

I didn't watch the video but when I made a rope starter for the opposed twin on my GTR 4 zero, I welded a small bead around the notch for the rope because the edge of it tends to fray the cord after while. For emergency use it probably wouldn't be much of an issue but at least the edge should be smoothed off a bit with no sharp edges.

Better have a good starting engine for rope starting. It works but it's very annoying and slow to re-wrap the rope every time. Pretty much all small engines prior to the mid 1950's had rope start from the factory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulley and rope pull start how to   Pulley and rope pull start how to Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pulley and rope pull start how to
Page 1 of 1