All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown Timer2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!

2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 400

2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Empty
PostSubject: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Li'l Red Murray
Li'l Red 2.0

2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Admins10
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 400

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 8:19 pm

Wow so many DNF's!

Li'l Red Murray
Li'l Red 2.0

2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Admins10
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
Murraymountain
Master
Master
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 10:03 pm

Wow, Creepycrawler musta had an adrenaline rush or something...

Where's Doug?

I'll be looking for a brush guard for you @muddstir. LOL.

That Craftsman at the end was like, "you don't drive me around this tree I'ma drive up it" lol!
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 67

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Until I flipped over, I thought like I was having a decent run. At least for my low hp machine. It was a cool course though. Thought for sure muddstir was crushed under his machine but luckily not. Lot of good video!

Doug chose not to try that one because of the tight corners and some snug fits between trees.

Wonder if I could have rammed the GTR 4 zero through the top tractor challenge...Probably not I guess
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Supporter
Supporter
redzz02

Forum Rep : 20

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 11:49 pm

I screwed up at the beginning and forgot to change it from the obstacle course to the frame twister, I thought for sure this one was going to be a piece of cake for everyone but turned out to be a heck of a time, wether it was the down pour of rain that just cleared up and made everything wet, or the fact that we just ate lunch and had a 30-40 minute break and everyone got thrown off. It was one of my favorites to run though!

https://www.youtube.com/user/redzz02
https://www.facebook.com/Espyvillemudders
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 209

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 11:52 pm

That concrete wall was a force to be reckoned with! Glad there were no major injuries!

- Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
       - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
       - John Deere 110 Basic Off-Road Build
       - Allis B-110, 710 & 716 - Wheel Horse 655 - Case 444 - Bolens Versamatic - Cub Cadet 106 (Some Assembly Required)
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Supporter
Supporter
redzz02

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 11:58 pm

@AllisKidD21 agreed that concrete wall will be back next year but I think it will have a constant water running on it! Make it more interesting

Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 12:06 am

That would be kinda cool, some indoor motorcycle trials event have had "fake" waterfalls going. I always thought that was neat.

People who had a good feel for it and could push the clutch in to roll back when the wheels started to slip had no problem. Even if I had stayed on the seat, mine won't free roll too good with the jack shaft even with the clutch in.

Seemed to be just the right angle to be a challenge though.
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Supporter
Supporter
redzz02

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 12:18 am

@mr.modified i had high hopes of building the tank trap obstacle like three times bigger and have a constant water fall on it, but ran out of time and energy, I am making changes for next year so we may see a waterfall climb

Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 10:44 am

Yeah that stuff takes a lot of work. You could probably seal the rocks up with some thin layers of concrete around the edges and stuff.

Would you recycle the water with a pump? If you had some kinda trash pump or whatever then it could handle some dirt and stuff getting mixed in.

I liked the bridge crossing and the ditch crossing was pretty nice. You gotta find an old pool somewhere and bury it in the ground with some ramps going into it lol.

Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Skilled
Skilled
Creepycrawler

Forum Rep : 33

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 10:51 am

I was really happy with how my run was going, after watching it a couple times I think I figured out what happened, I had my clutch pushed in as my left front tire tapped the little tree, and that was enough to toss it off the idler. definitely gonna have to make a keeper so that doesnt happen again. I was definitely attacking the course, Had to to have a chance at winning it, everyone was very fast all day. I loved the course and that rain made it that much better, obstacles were just tough enough that you had to hit them right to clear em, but they were do able with the right approach. I think the constant water idea is awesome, and the buried pool idea is cool too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister   2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2019 Top Tractor Challenge , Frame Twister
Page 1 of 1