All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!

possible new ride ford yt16

Go down 
AuthorMessage
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

Forum Rep : 9

possible new ride ford yt16  Empty
PostSubject: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 10:15 pm

i've got the chance to possibly trade my suburban for a ford yt16, it has a peerless 801-020 and factory 12in rear wheels, the briggs opposed twin is blown with a rod sticking out the block, but i was considering transferring my briggs vtwin off my murray as well as the tires, i was just wondering about anyone's opinion on weather this would be a fair trade, the sears does run, but in the year or so i've had it i've only ridden it a total of an hr, and the dash is badly cracked up, i like it but it really does nothing but sit around
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
CraftsmanQuad19

Forum Rep : 106

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 11:11 pm

I don’t think it’s an even trade at all. You’d be getting a blown engine, a weaker transaxle, and a thinner frame (I think. I know the sears are really well built)

I say no but hey if it’s something you’d rather have that’s your decision not ours
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 2:02 am

i know it's actually a down grade, the suburban is a much heavier duty tractor the real problem with the suburban is it just sits, it's not right for the kind of riding i do, to heavy and sits to tall. i'm not really comfortable riding it on the trails, which is why it just sits and collects dust, i don't really get to enjoy it, the ford sits a lot lower, and it wouldn't be hard for me to transfer the 820 out of my murray into it and use the 801 for another project i have been working on, i was trying to sell the sears but can't find anyone interested but i'm going to think about it awhile longer before i make a decision,
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 3:36 am

well i think i've decided on a different way to get the ford, if he accepts it that is, i have a saber mower, it has the deck and no engine, but otherwise in good shape, i planned to put an engine on it but it's been sitting in my garage for over a year and i haven't really touched it, i was planning to keep it since my uncle gave it to me, but i doubt he'll care if i trade it off, so i'm going to talk to the guy with the ford and see if he'll trade the saber for it instead of my suburban, i'll then put the suburban up for sale locally
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Master
Master
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 40

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 9:53 am

That sounds a little more fair. possible new ride ford yt16  2731072446
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 1:21 am

@Murraymountain now i just have to dig it out of the back of the garage, which will be a task in itself, and i won't be able to find out if he's even interested in the trade until i do, because he'll want to come look it over before he gives me an answer
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 7:48 pm

well i made a deal with the owner of the ford, i traded my freebie golf cart for it, i wasn't ever going to do anything with the golf cart and it was just taking up space, now i just need to put the motor back on it and take it to him so i can pick up the ford
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 413

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 8:04 pm

Nice! Sounds like a cool deal.

Li'l Red Murray
Li'l Red 2.0

possible new ride ford yt16  Admins10
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 6:56 pm

well i got the yt16 home, it had a blown oppey on it when i originally looked at it, he pulled that off in the last couple weeks and stuck on a 15hp kohler command, which isn't part of the trade so i have to pull it and take it back to him, he thought he had it sold but the guy changed his mind which is why it has the kohler on it now, but it will be getting the 23hp briggs vtwin off my murray widebody so i'm not bothered, , besides i don't like these modern kohler engines and planned to put the briggs on it from the start, anyway, here's pics
possible new ride ford yt16  SUNP0004
possible new ride ford yt16  SUNP0002
possible new ride ford yt16  SUNP0001
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 12:50 am

pulling the kohler was easy, he only had the wiring, the pulley, and one bolt holding it in, and the i found a few issues, 1st the rear section of the frame wasn't bolted on right, it had 1 bolt on each side and that was it, i replaced the self tapping screws with bolts /nuts and red locktight, and the left rear tire was rust welded to the axle, but after several hrs of using a hammer and large punch, some heat and a lot of wd 40 in combo with a jury rigged puller it finally gave in and came off and someone had welded in some bracing on the front where the engine mount is, only trouble was they covered one of the bolt holes so i had to drill that back out, i'll be going over the rest of it tomorrow to see if anything else needs attention and of course to grease everything before putting the engine on it and getting it ready for the trails, i'll run the 801 this winter and pull my 820 apart to clean it and convert to oil then put it in it next spring, but i will have to change the long shaft shifter to a short shaft, then the 801 will be put under my murray/noma hybrid rat rod tractor, does anybody know, can the shifter from the 801 fit the 820?
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 7:19 pm

i got the ford put together and driving, but it has some serious steering play, tracked that down to worn rod ends and the bushings, the spindle bushings and the steering shaft bushings seem to be bad, so those will all need replaced if i can find them, the rod ends will be no trouble, but the bushings might be troublesome to find
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Skilled
Skilled
darkside0914

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:21 am

got my tires changed over from the murray
possible new ride ford yt16  SUNP0004
pic was taken before i mounted the engine, it is up and running now,and i mounted this ugly ammo can for a toolbox, it will be repainted, problem is because of the gas tank i couldn't mount it to the fender, so i put it on the front bumper
possible new ride ford yt16  SUNP0001
and no it's not the camera angle it really is not centered, that's because of the bumper mounts them selves, they are in a spot that won't allow me to center the can on it, it's sturdy, easily holds my tow chain and a few tools without issue, i'm going to do a little more work to this bracket to strengthen it up a little more
possible new ride ford yt16  SUNP0003
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible new ride ford yt16    possible new ride ford yt16  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

possible new ride ford yt16
Page 1 of 1