All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

how do you lift a lawnmwer?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dustin138
Dustin138

how do you lift a lawnmwer? Empty
PostSubject: how do you lift a lawnmwer?   how do you lift a lawnmwer? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2011, 5:43 pm

I want to lift my lawnmower to fit 22 inch atv tires instead of the 18inch tires. How do i lift the lawn mower to fit theese ? confused confused Question Question
Back to top Go down
craftsman30mph
craftsman30mph

PostSubject: Re: how do you lift a lawnmwer?   how do you lift a lawnmwer? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2011, 5:46 pm

Dustin138 wrote:
I want to lift my lawnmower to fit 22 inch atv tires instead of the 18inch tires. How do i lift the lawn mower to fit theese ? confused confused Question Question
what kind of tranny do you have? if it is a 5 speed peerless like mine you can check out my pics and see how I did my lift
Back to top Go down
Dustin138
Dustin138

PostSubject: Re: how do you lift a lawnmwer?   how do you lift a lawnmwer? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2011, 6:03 pm

i have a White(mtd). is has a variable pulley from what i heard. I dont know the company that made the tranny.
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: how do you lift a lawnmwer?   how do you lift a lawnmwer? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2011, 6:59 pm

my craftsman has 22 inch tires and my buddy has 24s and they fit under the fenders pretty well! had to trim a tiny bit but hardly none.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
Dustin138
Dustin138

PostSubject: Re: how do you lift a lawnmwer?   how do you lift a lawnmwer? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2011, 7:18 pm

Here are some photos of the trans-axel.

how do you lift a lawnmwer? P9200003

how do you lift a lawnmwer? P9200001
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: how do you lift a lawnmwer?   how do you lift a lawnmwer? Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2011, 5:12 am

Itd be easier with a manual trans - its not just moving the transaxle, youd have to relocate the variable pulley and other pieces as well.

The bracket that mounts to the front of the transaxle would need to lowered, its possible to flip the variable pulley setup to bring the belt down, the shift levers would need to be extended - youd need alot of steel to make all the brackets.

Or you can just remount the fenders up higher- thats the easiest fix i can think of.
Back to top Go down
Dustin138
Dustin138

PostSubject: Re: how do you lift a lawnmwer?   how do you lift a lawnmwer? Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2011, 7:09 am

i will try raising the fenders
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you lift a lawnmwer?   how do you lift a lawnmwer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do you lift a lawnmwer?
Page 1 of 1