All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor? Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerWill a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor? Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!

Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aesache

Forum Rep : 0

Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor? Empty
PostSubject: Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor?   Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi alll
new to the forum and i just have one question. I have mid 90s craftsman that i bought for the motor (it will be used on another project) this left me a perfecly good mower chassis. i have an old 6hp motor from a pressure washer. is it worth throwing in the tractor? i want somthing that i can use to run through the bush no big rocks or anything to get over but there is some mud and a few good hills. i need it to haul about 100lbs of equipment and myself (250lbs) into the bush. Will this be enough hp or is it a waist of time. what size pully for the motor? the back will be stock i have a 5 inch kicking around that fits the motor

if i cant build this up for next to nothing i will probably scrap it.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Grand Master
Grand Master
dangeroustoys56

Forum Rep : 0

Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor?   Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:00 am

If its a perfectly good chassis, id keep it till another motor comes along.

I have a 70 toro with a 5HP briggs on it- it hauled my 250lb bulk down down into the swamp and thru pretty good snow - im planning on putting a 6.5HP motor on a MTD wizard to use for a 'go kart' .

It might not be real fast, but it should get you around.
Back to top Go down

Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor?
Page 1 of 1