All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
akcender
akcender

Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around Empty
PostSubject: Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around   Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 8:25 pm

Finally starting on my MTD romping tractor build. Today I installed FearlesFronts push button ignition wiring system, which works perfect by the way. If you want to see a picture you can go to my profile, new members arent allowed to post anything until 7 days after they join so i cant post them here.
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around   Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 11:21 pm

hey man welcome to the forum! cant wait to see some pics! Yah, ive tried to screw around with the settings but i couldnt find it or anything related to changing the 7 day rule but i couldnt. Guess its just a permanent safety rule.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around   Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 7:16 am

MTD's are great in the fact that they have so much room to mount stuff inside the chassis - unlimited ways to mod one.

I have like 3 MTD mods in the works - one will be a 'go kart' , one a wild fast rat rod, another is one with a manual trans from a simplicity in it .
Back to top Go down
akcender
akcender

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around   Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 7:27 am

For this build I think im just going to make it a mudder/beater/road rider, its mostly going to be used at my cottage on the trails and getting from a to b
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around   Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 2:49 am

My profile pic is of my now disassembled mild mod MTD - i was aiming for some decent speed , even with pulley changes it wouldnt ( 6" engine - 4" trans ) - come to find out they need a shorter rear belt for some added speed.

For best traction youll want to lock the trans - MTD's are horrible for traction - tires arent worth a hoot in mud .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around   Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally getting started on my MTD build afer 1.5 years of pissing around
Page 1 of 1