All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
akcender
akcender

How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine? Empty
PostSubject: How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine?   How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 7:52 am

It has no primer bulb and im not 100% sure where i need to put the gas to prime it. Its a 12HP Tecumseh
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine?   How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 12:43 pm

Tecumseh Snow King engines use a carb with a fitting for the vacuum line from the primer, however their engines used in tractors have no provisions for a primer.
You could do what Briggs did with their older snowthrower engines.... use a pump primer that feeds fuel directly into the intake near the head.

Just curious...why do you need to prime it?
Back to top Go down
akcender
akcender

PostSubject: Re: How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine?   How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 3:48 pm

AcreFarm wrote:
Tecumseh Snow King engines use a carb with a fitting for the vacuum line from the primer, however their engines used in tractors have no provisions for a primer.
You could do what Briggs did with their older snowthrower engines.... use a pump primer that feeds fuel directly into the intake near the head.

Just curious...why do you need to prime it?

My battery is dying and i dont have a charger for it so i dont want to run it down by cranking it too much
Back to top Go down
redneckcarrow
redneckcarrow

PostSubject: Re: How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine?   How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 7:32 pm

take the plugs out squirt a little gas in cylender put plugs back in and try it or drizzle little gas in carb and try it
just be careful about not spilling any gas on the engine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine?   How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I Prime my 4 stroke engine?
Page 1 of 1