All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
motorhead45102

racing - Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine Empty
PostSubject: Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine   racing - Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2010, 10:43 pm

Man I would be so happy if i can get a hold of one of these.
[img]racing - Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine World_10[/img]

but i also have a Briggs 5hp I/c block so if i wanted to have the broken piece welded back on and put dual valve springs in, and a racing head, which right now my 5hp has lots of compression, if you don't yank hard enough it will kick back and rip your hand off, but more valve spring pressure would mean faster snap back at high rpms, i wish i could also put a digital pvl ignition like this formula has, but i would have to have one that limits at a lower rpm, this formula revs up to 7,000 which hits the limiter, that is crazy high for a briggs engine, but its built to run that high.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine   racing - Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 11:52 am

this might seem stupid but what are you putting it on (if you get a hold of one) ie walk behind lawn mower/...
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine   racing - Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 12:16 pm

Yeah! Those motors are awesome. Specially built for use on go karts and stuff! Never seen one in the flesh though!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine   racing - Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 10:01 pm

i wanted to put this engine on my go kart i have, not a mower,
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine   racing - Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 9:22 pm

that looks like it would be lots of fun!
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine   racing - Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 10:50 pm

If y have access to a lathe or able to machine parts, y can adapt any carb to a lawntractor motor - most use motorcycle or snow mobile carbs - problem with those is finding the right jets to make it run right- id like to take the carbs off my snowmobile and put em on something - ill probably sell it tho since its been in my shed at the folks place for like 6 years now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine   racing - Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Briggs And Stratton Formula Racing Engine
Page 1 of 1