All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Greets - Craftsman LT1000

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

Greets - Craftsman LT1000 Empty
PostSubject: Greets - Craftsman LT1000   Greets - Craftsman LT1000 Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2012, 12:17 pm

Hey guys, I wanted to share a quick video of my new toy.

Alittle background before I link the video. I've been playing with the idea of building a mower into something cool. I've got a craftsman II with a 10hp Tecumseh that broke the pulley that turns the blade shaft. I didn't think that was suited for offroad, so it's just sitting in the garage. I've got a Craftsman LT1000 that I use to mow the lawn with a 15 HP Briggs and a 5 speed transaxle.

Lately I've been watching FearlessFront's videos and got really interested in building something that could go offroad. While browsing craigslist this week, I found an LT1000 with a 17 HP Briggs that the kid started tearing up to make a romper. I ended up picking it up for $40. I need to replace the tie rod, I want to replace the hacked up steering wheel, and repair/replace/fabricate a new hood.

Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Greets - Craftsman LT1000   Greets - Craftsman LT1000 Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2012, 4:07 pm

heck to motors worth the price and id fix the hood up anyway that you can if your using for an off roader then i dont see the need of a nice hood lol
and yea fearlessfront i think about everyone knows about him here hes done some sweet things to his,looks good tho i want to find me aother tractor with a frame like these easy to wrk on remove the body and all the drive train is there. keep us posted
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: Greets - Craftsman LT1000   Greets - Craftsman LT1000 Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2012, 4:56 pm

gearheadmike wrote:
heck to motors worth the price and id fix the hood up anyway that you can if your using for an off roader then i dont see the need of a nice hood lol
and yea fearlessfront i think about everyone knows about him here hes done some sweet things to his,looks good tho i want to find me aother tractor with a frame like these easy to wrk on remove the body and all the drive train is there. keep us posted

Thanks. The hood's pretty bad and would take a ton of bending to get it straight. I'm almost considering getting a steel drum and cutting it down to make a new hood. All I have is the shell. I didn't get the front grill part where the headlights are.

I'll start a build thread as soon as I get the chance to work on it some more. Hopefully that will be tomorrow or Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greets - Craftsman LT1000   Greets - Craftsman LT1000 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greets - Craftsman LT1000
Page 1 of 1