All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Snapper Transaxle Problem?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RompinRedneck
RompinRedneck

Snapper Transaxle Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Snapper Transaxle Problem?   Snapper Transaxle Problem? Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2012, 6:08 pm

I have a 90's Snapper LT12D33 which has direct drive. The rear is just about locked up in every gear, neutral, and reverse. It spins, but it takes extreme force, and even with that much force, it moves very slowly. Push in the clutch and it is nice and easy to push. What could be the problem? Something in the transaxle, right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/rompinredneck
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Snapper Transaxle Problem?   Snapper Transaxle Problem? Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2012, 7:18 pm

sounds like the motor stopping you there, when you push the clutch its removing the engine from the spinning parts and the thing will roll
Back to top Go down
RompinRedneck
RompinRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Snapper Transaxle Problem?   Snapper Transaxle Problem? Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2012, 7:20 pm

Jordan wrote:
sounds like the motor stopping you there, when you push the clutch its removing the engine from the spinning parts and the thing will roll

This still happened after I pulled the motor.
Back to top Go down
RompinRedneck
RompinRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Snapper Transaxle Problem?   Snapper Transaxle Problem? Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2012, 7:39 pm

I will also add that it is hard to put it into forward gears. The only way I can explain it is as if the shift handle is "pushing back", or "fighting against" you putting it into those gears. Could it be some kind of incorrect adjustment with the drive wheel and friction disk? Because it moves, it is just very stiff.

*EDIT* This mower is useless for what I am wanting to use it for, so it is going to be for parts and scrap. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snapper Transaxle Problem?   Snapper Transaxle Problem? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snapper Transaxle Problem?
Page 1 of 1