All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Tractor engines in trucks.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Tractor engines in trucks. Empty
PostSubject: Tractor engines in trucks.   Tractor engines in trucks. Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2012, 10:23 pm

Not sure if this is off topic or not, it is tractor involved. I ran across this video of a guy swapping tractor diesels into trucks and getting 40-50 mpg. Thought I'd share it with you guys if you haven't seen it before. Just disregard the politics and talking, haha.

I just wonder if it has the right gearing to be useful. Doesn't look like he gets up to highway speeds in the video.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
Josh Blair

PostSubject: Re: Tractor engines in trucks.   Tractor engines in trucks. Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2012, 7:29 am

I`ve seen that and he has another video where he says they get to 100mph
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Tractor engines in trucks.   Tractor engines in trucks. Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2012, 9:44 am

all he swaps is the engine, the tranny is what causes it to go slow and he left the stock standard tranny in it
i have heard of people putting the ford V8 engines into older ford tractors for a toy because it bolts right to the tranny so its very simple to do but i never thought of putting the diesel in a truck
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Tractor engines in trucks.   Tractor engines in trucks. Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2012, 11:59 am

I would love a 4cyl turbo diesel in my truck. The guys & gals acrossed the pond can get diesels in practically everything,
I wish the States' had a larger market for smokers...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Tractor engines in trucks.   Tractor engines in trucks. Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2012, 1:23 pm

I've got a 236 perkins gas motor in an old jacobsen fairway mower. That thing is bolted to a big GM 4 speed. I had thought about useing the motor in some thing else, but hadnt thought about a truck. not sure if would be willing to pull a 200+hp motor to put in a 75hp.
it might work good in an old cj
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: Tractor engines in trucks.   Tractor engines in trucks. Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2012, 9:15 pm

He shut the hood on the toy car! LOL! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tractor engines in trucks.   Tractor engines in trucks. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tractor engines in trucks.
Page 1 of 1