All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Roper Rally Tractor project

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kendal1

Roper Rally Tractor project Empty
PostSubject: Roper Rally Tractor project   Roper Rally Tractor project Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2012, 12:37 pm

Hi everyone, new to the forums and figured id make a post. Just picked up a Rally Tractor today for my son and I to build on. As far as i can tell it was built by Roper, 11 horse Briggs , High and Low range and 4 speed. Thats about all i know about it so far. Never had it for 45 minutes and broke the throttle cable so i guess that will be the first thing to fix and go from there.

Now a question or 2? Does anyone know much about these and how well they work? Especially with the high and low range? Seems to me it should be pretty good. After i get it running ill be able to tell better and ill get some pics up as well. Thanks !
Back to top Go down
Ropertractor14
Ropertractor14

PostSubject: Re: Roper Rally Tractor project   Roper Rally Tractor project Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2012, 12:42 pm

I Have two Ropers with the Hi-Lo transmissions and they do very well off road. Very tough units for plowing and hauling too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GMCsierra1500
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Roper Rally Tractor project   Roper Rally Tractor project Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2012, 3:30 pm

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you've got a good start. Roper/AYP has used those transaxles for years, they are pretty stout.
Back to top Go down
kendal1

PostSubject: Re: Roper Rally Tractor project   Roper Rally Tractor project Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2012, 6:52 pm

This one came with plow gear(Minus the plow though) and tire chains. Some fresh gas and it fired right up tonight but got gas pouring out of the carb so it only ran for about 3 seconds. Smile Ill have a look tomorrow in the daylight hours as im sure its nothing serious.

These rear ends weldable with the high and low range? No plans to do it anytime soon but was curious if they can be or not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roper Rally Tractor project   Roper Rally Tractor project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roper Rally Tractor project
Page 1 of 1