All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - TBA.
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!

Share | 

Roper Rally Tractor project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kendal1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Roper Rally Tractor project   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi everyone, new to the forums and figured id make a post. Just picked up a Rally Tractor today for my son and I to build on. As far as i can tell it was built by Roper, 11 horse Briggs , High and Low range and 4 speed. Thats about all i know about it so far. Never had it for 45 minutes and broke the throttle cable so i guess that will be the first thing to fix and go from there.

Now a question or 2? Does anyone know much about these and how well they work? Especially with the high and low range? Seems to me it should be pretty good. After i get it running ill be able to tell better and ill get some pics up as well. Thanks !
Back to top Go down
Ropertractor14
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Roper Rally Tractor project   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:42 pm

I Have two Ropers with the Hi-Lo transmissions and they do very well off road. Very tough units for plowing and hauling too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/GMCsierra1500
AcreFarm
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Roper Rally Tractor project   Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you've got a good start. Roper/AYP has used those transaxles for years, they are pretty stout.
Back to top Go down
kendal1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Roper Rally Tractor project   Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:52 pm

This one came with plow gear(Minus the plow though) and tire chains. Some fresh gas and it fired right up tonight but got gas pouring out of the carb so it only ran for about 3 seconds. Smile Ill have a look tomorrow in the daylight hours as im sure its nothing serious.

These rear ends weldable with the high and low range? No plans to do it anytime soon but was curious if they can be or not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roper Rally Tractor project   

Back to top Go down

Roper Rally Tractor project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1