All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How do you put a gas pedal on a lawn tractor?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
12hp briggs
12hp briggs

How do you put a gas pedal on a lawn tractor? Empty
PostSubject: How do you put a gas pedal on a lawn tractor?   How do you put a gas pedal on a lawn tractor? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2012, 6:46 am

I have been working at trying to hook up a gas peddle with a bike brake handle but i cant seem to get it to connect with the throttle
any ideas??
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: How do you put a gas pedal on a lawn tractor?   How do you put a gas pedal on a lawn tractor? Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 10:13 pm

I was thinking the same, try looking on bikes for shifter cables, and some brake cables and see if they match your throttle. I am doing it to my LawnFlite and When I get it finished I'll show you what I did but I didn't use a bike brake(im doing that on my Craftsman Lawnrider) I used the brake pedal off of an old Noma Lawn tractor and am going to use the brake cabble and drill a hole in the throttle cable plate(Or grind down the new throttle cable) so I can fit the new throttle cabble(its a thicker cable) and since there is already a spring at the pedal I shouldn't have to worry about finding a spot to put a spring.

My thoughts on the bike brake gas pedal is to find a way to use the original throttle cable and fit it on the pedal. Maybe check arild365's video on youtube, he might have it in more detail(im not sure I haven't watched that video from him in a while so Im not sure how much detail he goes into).
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: How do you put a gas pedal on a lawn tractor?   How do you put a gas pedal on a lawn tractor? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2012, 3:37 pm

Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you put a gas pedal on a lawn tractor?   How do you put a gas pedal on a lawn tractor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you put a gas pedal on a lawn tractor?
Page 1 of 1