All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

My starter just turns real slow and wont engage what can I do?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DICE464
Apprentice
Apprentice
DICE464

Forum Rep : 0

My starter just turns real slow and wont engage what can I do? Empty
PostSubject: My starter just turns real slow and wont engage what can I do?   My starter just turns real slow and wont engage what can I do? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:11 pm

ok so im finally done building my mower and once im done i cant get my motor to start. so i decided to jump it right off the starter. the starter just turns real slow and wont engage. well once it does engage it turns it real slow or not at all. i dont have a ground from the motor but i never have. i noticed that the spring for my throttle which goes from the throttle body straight to the frame was getting super hot. also it looks like some wires are coming out of my magneto could all this amount to a problem and should i run a ground. if you need any specific details just ask thanks
Back to top Go down
dked41
Apprentice
Apprentice
dked41

PostSubject: Re: My starter just turns real slow and wont engage what can I do?   My starter just turns real slow and wont engage what can I do? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:20 pm

I always ground the engine, paint on the frame does not lend itself to a good ground so the engine mount bolts don't always give a good ground.
Back to top Go down
DICE464
Apprentice
Apprentice
DICE464

PostSubject: Re: My starter just turns real slow and wont engage what can I do?   My starter just turns real slow and wont engage what can I do? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:19 am

ok thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My starter just turns real slow and wont engage what can I do?   My starter just turns real slow and wont engage what can I do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My starter just turns real slow and wont engage what can I do?
Page 1 of 1