All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Project Chopper

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Craigsnedeker
Craigsnedeker

project - Project Chopper  Empty
PostSubject: Project Chopper    project - Project Chopper  Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2012, 9:46 pm

This is a mower my Uncle gave to me. Haven't gotten it home yet, but I went over and took a few pictures and checked it out. Battery needs a good long charge so I didn't get a chance to use it.

]project - Project Chopper  1336348274885052894

My current plans are to repaint it orange-including the front bumper, remove the stickers, and paint the wheels. Might take it apart and paint the deck, but that depends on if I actually use this to mow (I generally use a push mower). Then I plan to make it go a fast!
Back to top Go down
ydocnitsua6705
ydocnitsua6705

PostSubject: Re: Project Chopper    project - Project Chopper  Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2012, 12:34 am

Im working on a JD Sabre right now more or less the same thing as a Scotts. Actually the exact same minus the color. They are odd, they dont have a true frame and just other odd john deere things good luck working on it. I was considering swapping mine onto a craftsman frame so it would be easier to mess with.
Back to top Go down
Craigsnedeker
Craigsnedeker

PostSubject: Re: Project Chopper    project - Project Chopper  Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2012, 8:50 am

ydocnitsua6705 wrote:
Im working on a JD Sabre right now more or less the same thing as a Scotts. Actually the exact same minus the color. They are odd, they dont have a true frame and just other odd john deere things good luck working on it. I was considering swapping mine onto a craftsman frame so it would be easier to mess with.
I'm not sure how much work I'm going to be doing in that area, but we'll see.

Currently it has some problems starting up. We tried jumping it but it wouldn't turn over. We discovered the choke was stuck was off (duh) but when we put the choke up, it got stuck- still wouldn't turn over. My uncle knows what the issue seems to be and said he'll have to fix it, but it's just longer until I get it to my house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Chopper    project - Project Chopper  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Chopper
Page 1 of 1