All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Transmission with Side input and output shafts?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

transmission - Transmission with Side input and output shafts? Empty
PostSubject: Transmission with Side input and output shafts?   transmission - Transmission with Side input and output shafts? Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2012, 5:45 pm

Does anyone know of a Transmission with a side input and output shaft? Preferably a 3-6 speed? Ive been thinking of trying to put something like that in a Lawn Tractor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Transmission with Side input and output shafts?   transmission - Transmission with Side input and output shafts? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2012, 10:01 pm

are you thinking 2 trannys?
i have a murray gt16 vertical shaft engine but side input tranny one belt from the motor to a right angle gear box then another belt from that to the tranny, so im replacing the right angle gear box with a tranny i have that will do the same job but with different speeds...im going to end up with 13 forward speeds and 7 reverse speeds a top speed of about 20 mph but still low gears for turnin dirt
Back to top Go down
ironart

PostSubject: Re: Transmission with Side input and output shafts?   transmission - Transmission with Side input and output shafts? Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2012, 4:10 pm

Wildy;
This link I posted on my question on my new to me..but old JD 100. This trans is listed as coming from a Cub Cadet. It looks just like the one in my JD 100, cast iron housing..I believeit was listed as a Peerless 1200. Hope this helps...

http://jnemes.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/1214.8780511.jpg
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Transmission with Side input and output shafts?   transmission - Transmission with Side input and output shafts? Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2012, 11:22 pm

My original idea was to take a horizontal shaft diesel and put a live axle and make it all chaindrive, I was hopping someone would know one that would be like a Rear Engine Rider Transmission but with the input on the side. I guess im going to skip the deisel and just use a Vertical shaft Gasser and a Rear Engine rider Transmission.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmission with Side input and output shafts?   transmission - Transmission with Side input and output shafts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transmission with Side input and output shafts?
Page 1 of 1