All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Snowmobile Trailer Rebuild

Go down 
AuthorMessage
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

trailer - Snowmobile Trailer Rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Snowmobile Trailer Rebuild   trailer - Snowmobile Trailer Rebuild Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2012, 4:41 am

I Bought a Snowmobile Trailer From a guy for $80 that needs frame work on Wednesday, I am probably going to post some pictures of the build on this topic.

I checked out prices for the New metal I need(16' of 2"x2" 1/8th wall square tubing) and it will end up being $34.27 from my boss(Thats his cost incase some people wanted to know).
Then I will need to clean up the Rust, etc. and I don't have a wire wheel so I am going to buy one from Princess Auto for $17(before taxes), along with wiring etc. for aprox. $40 for Trailer Lights.
It ended up costing $80 in gas to get it home(was 80km round trip) and on the way home I discovered I wrecked a tire so a replacement tire is $60 on sale at Princess Auto.
I am going to need to replace the Plywood on the deck and I am going to put an old snowmobile track on it Then Repaint all of it(I have Plywood and a Track in the barn I got for free).
Repainting the bottom of the trailer my friend suggested using driveway sealer because its cheaper then Rocker Guard and it works just as well, I am going to try that(Hopefully it works and sticks), It was only $32.75 after taxes, My friend that suggested using it used the driveway sealer on his truck and its still holding up. I don't know what it will cost to paint the top, I am expecting $50 at the max.
After I finish it all I will post an ad on Kijiji between mid fall until the end of winter and post it for $700-$800. The lowest price for one that is ready to go is $800 right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/

Snowmobile Trailer Rebuild
Page 1 of 1