All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How do you build an off road trailer?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Truck Guy99

trailer - How do you build an off road trailer? Empty
PostSubject: How do you build an off road trailer?   trailer - How do you build an off road trailer? Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 2:33 pm

I am new to this hobby and am getting project mower soon (hopefully). I would like to see some other off road trailers people have built to get some ideas. I need something that can hold up to 350 pounds, and be capable of off road use without dying. I have seen one on youtube I liked, but it was too short of a video for him to explain dimensions, helpful mods, etc. I already have a project trailer. Here it is:Project off road lawn trailer By the way, the heavy piece of tubing in one of the pics was installed. new wheels+tires were installed. Everything else is the same. Anyone out there got pics or ideas??
Back to top Go down
11hpcrafstman
11hpcrafstman

PostSubject: Re: How do you build an off road trailer?   trailer - How do you build an off road trailer? Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 4:31 pm

this is fearless fronts trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBTxwoHjV88
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How do you build an off road trailer?   trailer - How do you build an off road trailer? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2012, 6:47 pm

I made a small trailer to tow behind my mountain bike out of plain steel angle and 1" thick wood , used a 1" steel axle and wheelbarrow tires , just to haul a boom box and cooler for picnics - i over built it pretty darn good .

Id say even a regular dump bed trailer from harbor freight would work, with a few mods.

If its for weight/offroad- atv wheels would be the best - either with a moveable suspension ( to crawl over rocks, ect) , reinforced floor , trailer ball hitch ( swivels easier ) and definitely get wheels with berings so they wont give any issues.
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: 55gal drum   trailer - How do you build an off road trailer? Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2012, 2:18 pm

My partner and I are building two from a 55gal drum..
It'll have two wheels probly old front tires and rims from a mower..basically a T shape lower support welded in place..
Simple but since it's steel you can add to it by welding and such..
I'll be posting a video soon of that when deer season gets closer
Back to top Go down
murrayman96
murrayman96

PostSubject: Re: How do you build an off road trailer?   trailer - How do you build an off road trailer? Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 1:32 pm

just use a dump trailer from homedepot, thats what im doing, so then u can haul dirt and stuff for yard work too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you build an off road trailer?   trailer - How do you build an off road trailer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you build an off road trailer?
Page 1 of 1