All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor? Empty
PostSubject: Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor?   Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2012, 10:42 am

Ok I've got a craftsman LT1000 I'm wiring up for a push button, I did 2 tractors already so I know how to do them, but the LT has the 16hp OHV with the 2 wires coming from the carb. How do I wire that up? Thanks carburetor
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor?   Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2012, 11:07 am

What make engine?
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor?   Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2012, 11:25 am

Briggs&stratton / craftsman 16hp ohv single
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor?   Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2012, 2:03 pm

Should be only one wire from the carb, it needs power to let gas in the carb.
One wire from the coil, hook to ground to kill engine
two wires from the generator/stator under the flywheel, one to charge battery, one to run headlights.

JB_4x4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor?   Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2012, 4:08 pm

ok so ill have to have a wire fom battery to switch to that,then my regular start/kill switch and the push button?
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

PostSubject: Re: Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor?   Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2012, 9:30 pm

you can do away with the carb wires but you have to take that plug out and cut the needle inside off
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor?   Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2012, 9:50 pm

well if it will shut the fuel off ill leave it for a back up to ensure it wont flood out
Back to top Go down
crafsmankiller

PostSubject: Re: Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor?   Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor? Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2012, 12:32 pm

Typically, a wire goes from the magneto to the ignition switch and then to the fuel solenoid,that's how you kill your engine. But if your putting a push button ignition on, you can wire the two wires together or cut the point off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor?   Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do I connect the two wire coming from the carberettor?
Page 1 of 1