All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

18.5 b&s sheared flywheel key ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Craftsman Dude
Craftsman Dude

18.5 b&s sheared flywheel key ? Empty
PostSubject: 18.5 b&s sheared flywheel key ?   18.5 b&s sheared flywheel key ? Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2012, 1:23 am

I have a single sylinder b&s 18.5 it will run but only at one speed, if you try to throttle it up or down it dies it is also hard to spin over could this be a sheared flywheel key.i have changed the oil sparkplug and completly gone thru the fuel system and i dont know what to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: What makes you think..   18.5 b&s sheared flywheel key ? Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2012, 9:31 am

What makes you think its a sheared flywheel key?

I could give you a shopping list of other reasons why an engine would be hard to turn over and die...lol

But, I would be happy to walk through some dianostics to help you out.
Back to top Go down
crafsmankiller

PostSubject: Re: 18.5 b&s sheared flywheel key ?   18.5 b&s sheared flywheel key ? Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2012, 9:38 am

My engine does the same thing. No matter how much throttle or choke it runs at 1u speed which is really slow.
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: I'm online a lot so    18.5 b&s sheared flywheel key ? Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2012, 9:58 am

crafsmankiller wrote:
My engine does the same thing. No matter how much throttle or choke it runs at 1u speed which is really slow.
I'm online a lot so I can try and help. I don't always have the absolute right answer but I can maybe get you to the right direction to fix your problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 18.5 b&s sheared flywheel key ?   18.5 b&s sheared flywheel key ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

18.5 b&s sheared flywheel key ?
Page 1 of 1